Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lost Post
 Login now/Join our community

posted
A while back, I read a post that related some valuable info about some popular options. Such as between MCI and MCC chassis', and how some diesel engines are better than others.

I'd sure like to find that post and re-read it. I'm starting to shop for used MH and I'm leaning more and more toward a diesel pusher. Can anyone point me toward that post?

Thanks,
Lijah

Posts: 3 | Location: Lexington, OK USA | Member Since: 01-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Lijah, there should be a ton of posts involving the MCC chassis which Barth used from 1982-1985. Just hit the "Search" tab above and search on MCC. Now MCI is a bus manufacturing company. "Motor Coach Industries. MCI conversions are totally different than Barth coaches and can be very expensive. A seated MCI coach, you know a regular bus which just has seats in it can cost $30-40K for a 1985 with a million miles. A converted MCI bus, (made into a motorhome) can cost from $50K to well over a million dollars. So those are the differences primarily.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to use the search feature. Down below are some interesting archives and don't forget the Barths for sale forum. You will find a lot of info on various Barths there. And, of course we're always here if you have a question.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave,

I found the post and it was one of yours, dated August of 2002. I remembered that the writer had referred to one of the diesels as a "throwaway" engine. Though I couldnt remember which one he referred to.

Thanks again,

Lijah

Posts: 3 | Location: Lexington, OK USA | Member Since: 01-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post