Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Snow?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted
We got 18" of snow yesterday/last night. The South Jersey shore area got 24+". As much as I do not mind the snow, I'm not looking forward to getting out this morning in 40+ m.p.h. winds to shovel. I understand that this snow hit some of the southern states pretty good too? And it may still be snowing in New York and north. Any other snow reports?

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
We spent Christmas at Westmoreland State Park on the Potomac River in Montross, VA. The trip up from Georgia on the 23rd took just under 8 hours. The trip home on the 26th took 13.5 hours.

Moral of this story. Go south. WAY south. Like, Caribbean Island south.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick...though the roads were probably bad, at least you got to travel on the 26th. Was there snow on the ground when you left or did you just travel thru it? I understand there were airports all over the east coast closing thru the day. Lots of folks are stranded all over because they could not fly in or out.
And this is really nothing compared to some of the stories I am hearing about snow out west....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Moral of this story. Go south. WAY south. Like, Caribbean Island south.

Let's not over react just you're from the snowbelt - Georgia. I just measured total accumulation in Spring Hill.....0" as usual.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just got back to Yuma after spending 3 days in Queen Creek Az. Didn't see a single flake of snow the whole time. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
Hey Nick...though the roads were probably bad, at least you got to travel on the 26th. Was there snow on the ground when you left or did you just travel thru it?
It started snowing Chrismas evening and there was several inches of snow by the time we departed about 10:00AM. Main problem was the first 60 miles were back rural roads that had not been plowed. Just Stay between the Mailboxes Tooling Along Interstate 295 and Interstate 95 was stop and go through NC.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
18 inches of the white stuff. Out working in it for several hours at the height of the storm for a couple of emergency service calls. Just got back home and used the snow blower & quad to clear off the driveway... not snowing now - stopped around 5am here

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
We got about 6" by 2 PM christmas day, and got another 3" yesterday and last night, finally cleared off this morning. Highs here today to be about 30 deg and tomorrow to be in high 40's. Hope every one had a nice Christmas and a Happy New Year. Ray and Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Carl's Better Half
Picture of Betty
posted Hide Post
hello all. Here in North Fort Myers , Florida had to put sweater on to go get mail.Can not use the pool, because it is just a little bit too cool, so will have to run around in the golf cart talking to our neighbors. Can not remember what a snow shovel is and how to use it??Come on down for a visit. Carl and Betty

Betty

"THE TOY"
1992 Breakaway Coach #3745

Posts: 9 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida | Member Since: 10-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corey---No snow (as normal) but 43 degrees in Florida???
It looks like the east coast area from the Carolina's to Maine are taking the brunt of this one. But we got winds that are gusting to 50mph, so I'll be shoveling and then re-shoveling and then re-shoveling all day.... And they said this was not supposed to be as bad of a winter as last year!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
GLOBAL WARMING ROTFLMAO

Nick

FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Global warming maybe?
It is supposed to be back to mid 70s by the weekend here. Having spent most of my winters in New England, even 44 is OK when the sun is warm and there isn't snow, ice and frozen earth to deal with.

Real Floridians are a different story. The news was urging people to stay indoors! Too funny!

Cheri and I are heading to Ft Desoto this weekend for two nights then to Ft Wilderness for 4 nights. Wish you all could join us.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
We were to get snow in Chicago but it forgot to show up so we did without Thumbs Up Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
We did without, lol. All my beloved toys are wrapped in canvas so at this point I don't really care what it does.

Friday is a reported high of 46 so if the rain stays away I'll get a quick motorcycle ride in. Last year of spending 6 months living on a dang iceberg.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
18 inches of the white stuff. Out working in it for several hours at the height of the storm for a couple of emergency service calls. Just got back home and used the snow blower & quad to clear off the driveway... not snowing now - stopped around 5am here

..and this is the guy that wouldn't come to the Florida GTG because it was too cold! ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post