Give me Yuma
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
May 1, 2005 11:43AM "It's 38deg and Snowing"

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited May 01, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Dave, that's why I'm FROM Minnesota, though MN has no corner on late snow. I saw heavy snow a couple times in Denver, after the trees were in full leaf, and one morning, about thirty miles West of Butte, Montana, we woke up to snow on the Fourth of July.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been at the Speedway in late May when it has snowed, and windy. Don't feel like the LONE RANGER Dave. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Cold and snowing...thats why we left Flagstaff last tuesday....to get to warmer weather. Had to go all of 45 miles and lose 4000 ft of elevation to do it tho...> Just got back from a day trip to Sedona which is at 4500 ft elevation and only 27 miles from Flagstaff,......nice and warm, (had the windows open the whole trip) and beautiful. And this is also the reason why i am now from Arizona and not from Washington anymore!!!! Even tho the winter has been mild and there is concern about drought there and i haven't looked at the weather channel for a few days i would bet that it is gray and raining.....am i right Roy?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Only the Shadow knows

Hey Shadow, mind if I call you Shadow, man.

What is the warmest you have survived in the coach. Now, I know you presently have a conversion bus probably with an AC which equals your homes. But think about your Barth for a second. How hot, how long??

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Hey Shadow, no rain this afternoon. We've had a couple dreary days, but most of the last couple weeks have been more like July. Of course, out here in Sequim in the "banana belt," we can have severe clear while anything East , between Puget Sound and the mountains, is zero-zero, and pouring.

Sounds like the bus is working out great for you.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited May 01, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Shadow and all you other Arizona buffs--I drove into a blizzard in Flagstaff last Thursday, April 28th. The Barth didn't seem to care but I did and holed up in a nice Day's Inn and drank enough zinfandel to make everything OK

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
My Barth is in for a physical,motor wise.Then I will decide what I will do. I love my Barth! not many Class C,s

------------------

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Hum,

I think in an email to you one time I referred to "adventures" you see what I mean. Trust me on this one, you will repeat that stay in the Days Inn over and over again... I love the thought of it...That's what it's all about.

------------------

posted Hide Post
Well Dave the hottest that i know of was 108 last May when we were in Mesa getting some of our furniture just before we hit the road. Our 2 a/c's are just standard rv model units. So far this year the top temp was 100 in Yuma. We are still in Camp Verde and today i heard it it was snowing again in Flagstaff....was windy here but warm, had windows open all day. :>)

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS. Over 100 degress last year for close to two weeks was the longest period of time that we had in the bus.