"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I received an email today.
quote:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi everyone-

We are moving to a new data center this month. As part of that transition, we'll be moving the servers for your Eve Community site this Monday, June 7th.

Your site will be unavailable for up to four hours, within a maintenance window that will start at 2 PM Pacific Time on June 7th and end at midnight that night. Because we are moving so many servers, we cannot tell you exactly when your 4-hour downtime will begin that day, but it will occur during that time period (2 PM to midnight).

If you have any questions prior to the move next Monday or if you experience any issues once the move is completed, please contact us on our support site here:

http://help.socialstrata.com

We're doing our best to ensure that this move has the least impact as possible on your site.

Thanks,

The Operations Team at Social Strata

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This was sent on Monday to my email address. That means our site might be down some time next week for about 6 hours or so.
quote:
TODAY'S SCHEDULED EVE COMMUNITY MOVE HAS BEEN CANCELED!

Unfortunately, the scheduled data center move scheduled for today for
your Eve Community site(s) has been postponed for technical reasons. We
will reschedule for another time, most likely sometime next weekend.

This means that you should NOT make the requested DNS changes for your
site today if you were planning to take Option 2 of the original email,
which is adjusting your A record to the new IP address.

We apologize for the last minute notice. We'll be in touch soon with a
new date and time for the move.

To reiterate, there will be no server moves today for your Eve Community
sites! We will follow up once we have a new time scheduled, but we
expect that to be sometime next weekend.
a
Thanks for your patience!

Social Strata Operations
And a second email for just about the same thing.
quote:
TODAY'S SCHEDULED EVE COMMUNITY MOVE HAS BEEN CANCELED!

Unfortunately, the scheduled data center move scheduled for today for your Eve Community site(s) has been postponed for technical reasons. We will reschedule for another time, most likely sometime next weekend.

This means that you should NOT make any DNS changes for your site, if you were planning to today as part of this data center move.

We apologize for the last minute notice. We'll be in touch soon with a new date and time for the move. We'll also be following up separately with each of you who were scheduled to change your DNS settings.

To reiterate, there will be no server moves today for your Eve Community sites! We will follow up once we have a new time scheduled, but we expect that to be sometime next weekend.

Thanks for your patience!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Soooo I will have time to continue the reading of John Adams Bio (2Vol. 1200 pages). Cool All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
You would be surprised at how many emails, and yes... sometimes phone calls, I get if the site is down. It appears that our site is a lot more than just Barths... Wink

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Latest update from our hosting company. It appears that the time went from 4 to 6 and now to 8 hours. The people at Register.com has told me it is usually a minimum of 12 hours to propagate a move of this size.
quote:
From Register.com:
Modifications to your DNS Record may be made via Account Manager and take approximately 12 - 24 hours to be acknowledged by the DNS for your account.
This is one of those things I can not control. Also, If you have a PeeCee, you might need to hit your F5 key to reload your Browser Cache. I don't know which key it is on a Mac, Sorry.
quote:
IMPORTANT UPDATE

We've now rescheduled the data center move that was canceled yesterday. The move will now happen this Saturday, June 12th.

There will be two phases for all... accounts, one starting at Noon (Pacific Time), and one starting at 4:00 PM (Pacific Time). Each group should expect up to 8 hours of downtime during the move (but hopefully much less than that).

If you are managing your own DNS please pay close attention to which group your site or sites are in (details below)...

Thanks for your patience. We'll be doing our best to minimize downtime for your site(s) on Saturday.

We will update this support post if there are changes

Sincerely,

The Operations Team at Social Strata

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Reminder... Today is the day.

We should be up by late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis