Forums    General Discussions    Bill h. ???
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bill h. ???
 Login now/Join our community

posted
OH WHERE OH WHERE HAS Bill h. GONE? Is he on a trip and FORGOT his puttttter? Where are you Bill h.?

[This message has been edited by Smith Brother (edited January 26, 2005).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bill is in Quartzite and will be gone for another week or so. You might have also noticed that his name has been removed as moderator. When a person is set up as moderator every time there is a post he and I get an email so we can see whats being posted by not having to log on all the time. He was removed just so he wouldn't have hundreds of email in his box when he returns.

This is a good time to acknowledge the extraordinary contribution that Bill has made. He signed up in the first week of the existence of this site and has been a continuing source of very helpful information to us all. Sometimes (but not often) I wish this could be a commercial website so guys like Bill could receive something other than our thank you.

Continuing on this same strain. Some have suggested that I start adding some banners and various advertising to raise some of the funds for keeping the site going. I am against that but it wouldn't make any difference if I was in support of it. I am constantly flabbergasted when I go to www.barthmobile.com/stats and see that well over 300,000 different pages are hit every month and that we see an average of 400+ visitors every day. But for people like Camping World and others to place advertising they want to see millions of hits. Websites like www.irv2.com, rv.net etc. see my monthly numbers every day. So those who have emailed me and insinuated that I am too pure and should not ask for donations, that is why...

And by the way, I want to thank those of you who have contributed lately. We will go for 6 months or more without any donations and then in one month we will have 3 or 4. I wish I knew why, I would try to repeat it every month. Thanks to all of you...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Left quartzsite yesterday and came to Havasu for a while. Bill said it would be closer to 2 weeks before he gets home if i remember right. Had a good time talking to him and Susan and to old Roy who left the day before we did. Limited computer time as we have to use the library here because we are on extended network on our cell phone here and it will not let us access the web even tho we can make and get calls on the phone. Rained here last nite and most of the day too. Might have to go back south to get some decent weather

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I think that you should put up some banner advertising. This is a great site and we Barth owners count on it and your generosity for running it. Occasionally you get a donation. This is good, but I think you deserve more and I want this site to continue. You should make something from running it. I would even pay you a subscription to have access to the site. I am a Good Sam and Family Motor Coach club member and I pay for that membership. I will tell you now that I benefit far greater from being a Barthmobile.com member than I do as a member of either of those organizations.

I hope others will make their feelings known here as well. BM.com is more than just a place for good Barth conversation. It is a means for keeping our coaches on the road. In fact this site has probably saved every Barth owner cold cash numerous times. I know that it has saved me money.

Bill G

[This message has been edited by goodwinw (edited January 26, 2005).]

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill for the very kind words. A few months ago I though for the fun of it I would call Camping World, Good Sam, Roadmaster etc. to see if they were interested in some banner advertizement. My 300K+ page hit a month are not close to what they require to pay for ads. They want like 2 million or more per month.

I thought about a subscription thing but I would hate for even one person who could benefit from the site be scared off for some reason. No, I am not complaining I am happy with the way things are. Hey, if more people contribute, cool, if not, cool.

And, I certainly want all of those who do contribute to know how much I appreaciate it. There are a few who have been VERY generous and I really appreaciate that. But, I do not keep records, I love you all the same. I get this RV newspaper, which I really love to read, but 3 or 4 pages every time it comes out are letters telling how wonderful the papers and the editor is. I frankly think that is a little gauche. But, I wish I could let you guys see the great emails I get from folks who have bought a Barth or had a problems solved. Man you folks really make a big difference in peoples RVing pleasure....

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quote, "I LOVE YOU ALL THE SAME"

At our Avis car rental business we say it this way. WE LOVE ALL OUR CUSTOMERS, BUT SOME MORE THAN OTHERS.

Dave, we understand what you are saying, and it is very EASY to understand why so MANY enjoy your site. I won't say KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK as everyone knows you will. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
NOTHING in LIFE is FREE.Just buy a bag of Chips they will show that "AIR" is not "FREE".I like to pay my way:I like to give one time a Year:I enjoy this site most of the time:I wish our "S.O.B" had a "SITE" this "GOOD"

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jay you would think what we paid for our other sob that they would have a good site light we have here. also had a good trip south to Gulport. luck to all James

Posts: 29 | Location: Alton Mo. | Member Since: 05-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post