Tools
Reply To This Topic

Looking for help with NADA
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Does anyone have a copy of an older RV NADA book, or similar, that has any of the dates between 1963-1974? Even if it only lists one or two of these years... it's still better than nothing.

Working on a little project, that will benefit all of us... Well, maybe not Corey Big Grin, and I need a little help.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I feel soooooo left out Wink

If you're doing what I think you're doing, you are trying to create a historic NADA or value database???

If so, here's something that might help. NADA for cars and light trucks uses a complicated method of polling auction prices and looking at sales "categories" to develop an algorithmic formula that dealers and buyers can use to guide them in prices. When it comes to RVs, motorcycles, snowmobiles, and watercraft the algorithm became real simple, a percentage of the original retail or, at best, a percentage of the original invoice amount when available.

When I ran a bike/boat/sled dealership years ago we needed to be very careful with these book prices as they had no real bearing on market sentiment. (a used Harley was a whole lot more salable than a used Triumph). The manufacturers played with this anomaly too, jacking retail prices and margins to ridiculous levels to increase book used values. Some boat manufacturers were even guaranteeing trade values by jacking retails to a point where they were outlandish.

Therefore, you may be able to gather the numbers you can find, figure out the algorithm (likely just a division factor per year), and then back fill your spreadsheet. Or, better stated, a type of straight-line depreciation.

I'll be happy to help if you need me. The caveat here is NADA and Kelly Blue Book don't mean much in the RV value department. Furthermore, the older the unit the less it means.

I looked up NADA on my 2000 Wanderlodge LXi 43 - Suggested original retail on basic unit $702,000, Low Retail $137,080 Average Retail $165,150.

High retail is 19.50% of original retail.

a 1999 LXi 43 = $645,000 list - $119,720 $144,240

High retail is 18.50% of original high retail.

a 1998 LXi 43 = $645,000 list (same as 99??)
102,540 $123,540

High retail is 16% of original high retail.

The reason they use straight-line depreciation (really not always straight-line, but a predetermined factor against original list or invoice) is the cost and difficulty they would incur trying to get comparable (comp)pricing across these markets.

The part that really gets me is that there is NO consideration for mileage on a diesel. According to NADA a 200K rig is the same value as a 30K rig! Even if it were true for the power-train, the interior will show the use! Bottom line, NADA is useless!!!

All this rant is assuming you are even doing what I think ROTFLMAO

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
If you're doing what I think you're doing, you are trying to create a historic NADA or value database???

All this rant is assuming you are even doing what I think ROTFLMAO
Save your pointer fingers.

I'm trying to get LIST pricing info for the coaches. Trying to keep up with current sales prices, or current value, is not what I want. New prices is what I'm looking for.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Got it!

I wonder if NADA even showed list prices back then??

Perhaps documentation in each individual coach will lead the way forward. I know my Monarch had list info on 1996 and 1997 models.

I also seem to remember the Barth Ranger newsletter may have had ads for new Barths. Distant memories now.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I remember when I put insurance on my Barth.. After telling my agent the year, make, model, etc. she asked me "What did you buy?" She knew the original sales price nearly instantly.... I wonder how and/or if you could check with ins. company's to determine new sales pricing?

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Does anyone have a copy of an older RV NADA book, or similar, that has any of the dates between 1963-1974? Even if it only lists one or two of these years.

This includes only one of the years you want (74)

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Bill H.

What do you suppose the two 29' Classics are all about?

What is the difference between MMH & MH?

What does each of the columns represent?

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I figured one part out...

Class A Motor Home=MH
Class C mini Motor Homes=MMH

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Bill H.

What do you suppose the two 29' Classics are all about?

If you look at the next year (1975) you will see that there is a 29T (T for tag) at about the same price rise over the 29. I would guess that the more expensive 29 Classic has a tag axle.

I believe that is the shortest MH with a tag axle ever.

NADA has never been complete or accurate, particularly on smaller production vehicles. I have seen woefully incorrect information on old motorcycles.

quote:

Years ago, before there was the Class C designation, the term Mini Motor Home was used to designate a chassis mount camper (with a side entrance) on a van chassis. This started when vans got big enough to do this. I would guess that that is NADA means. A check of other brands in that issue of NADA shows the shorter lengths to have the MMH designation. Including one I owned that I can confirm was indeed on a van chassis.

ADDED ON EDIT: An old Kelly Blue book has MMH in the list of abbreviations as Mini Motor Home, so NADA most likely means the same thing.

quote:
What does each of the columns represent?

READABLE secret decoder strip from top of page added to original post.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill - I'm sure I'll have a few more questions.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Note slight edit to post of 10-22-2010 09:36 AM

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Note slight edit to post of 10-22-2010 09:36 AM
For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what you were talking about... Then it hit me...

Because you're on the left coast, what you're talking about, shows up as 12:36 PM on my computer.

Thanks for the edit Bill. Computer

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis