Forums    General Discussions    When can ingenuity kill?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

When can ingenuity kill?
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
OK, uncle Ned gave you his old fifth wheel, but you don't have a 3/4 ton truck to tow it. No problem, make your own.

Wonder if he worries about brakes and optional frills like that?

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I'm sure he will be getting his Darwin Award soon! Eeker

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Wow...I had 3 of those S-10 Blazers. Wish I had known I could tow a 5th behind them...

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I wonder if he has adequate clearance for steering........that trailer looks pretty close to the roof in back.

I wonder if the tailgate will close and latch ever again.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Bill, not to worry about clearance steering. Front won't steer, he has left/right rear brake steering just like on tractors. Big Grin

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
Bill, not to worry about clearance steering. Front won't steer, he has left/right rear brake steering just like on tractors. Big Grin

Two words: Jack and Knife

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
OMG! What a fool! No skid wheel on that receiver? He's just askin fer trouble. Tooling Along

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
He must have been thinking safety when he added that huge chain and S hook to help support the tailgate Tin Foil Hat Club

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
I love the block of wood off of the trailer hitch to help support the fifth wheel hitch.... very ingenious....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
The absence of safety chains show a clear disregard for safety.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I remember this picture.

It was the "before" in a "before and after" example of how air lift bags could help a sagging hitch load.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
That guy must be a blooming idiot.

I wouldn't dare tow that trailer without
putting new tires on it....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Wharf Rat
posted Hide Post
He must have the family all sit in the back of the trailer to balance things out a bit while traveling, maybe has the inlaws out on the hood of the blazer for steerage! It's all good!

I'm going to see that Grand Canyon......and I'm going to do it in style!

Posts: 52 | Location: Rockland Maine | Member Since: 07-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
he is on a hill now.how does that work?Great advertisement for reese hitch wonder if they mounted it?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if he has adequate clearance for steering........

.he's been parked a while, when he reinflates his rear air bags the front of the trailer will clear the roof of the blazer. ...no need for safety concerns........note Utah plates. "The ____ State." NOTE to BillNY if that last bit is too contriversial blleep it.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post