Tools
Reply To This Topic

The 4Th Of July Weekend
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
For most of us, Friday starts the 4th of July Weekend Festivities. Because our guest artist is sunning with Bunn-Bunn in North Carolina, I've decided to do something a little different.

Hope you enjoy the light show. Superman

Click on the links, in the above frame, for different levels of fireworks. The more intense the display, the better your internet connection needs to be. Luddites, Dial up users, will probably have issues running this script...

Rookie
Better
Corner
Pyrotechnician

There are also a few different backgrounds that can randomly appear each time you reload the page.

Enjoy!!! Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Remember: "If you go forth on the Fourth with a fifth, you won't go forth on the Fifth!"

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com12/10
Picture of Gerald
posted Hide Post
Way too cool Bill NY.... way too cool!! I also second Rusty's statement, have fun but be careful everyone.

1986 Barth Regal SE
34 foot tag - 454 Chevy
8610 3363 34TFPOB

Posts: 227 | Location: Aberdeen, So. Dak. | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed Bill NY.... You've outdone yourself once again.... I hope you get some much needed time away from your puter and work this weekend also.... Enjoy the link below....

http://www.driveaway.com/lady_liberty/liberty_dl.htm

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Very nice Bill. What great background pictures.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
posted Hide Post
Cool Beans good job Bill Smiler cheers

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun

Posts: 89 | Location: orlando florida | Member Since: 04-23-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Bill: FANTASTIC ........................

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Smiler Cool ROTFLMAO Thumbs Up cheersOutstanding! All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Better than the show in Madisonville. Thanks, Bill.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
Bill,
You amaze us all with all you do for this site. This display for the 4th is no exception. A big thank you for all you do, and I hope you have a great 4th!

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thank you to everybody who wrote how they liked it. I appreciate the positive feedback. It helps to know if what I'm doing is right for the site.

I've wondered... hmm Should an RV site have stuff like this, or should it just be about RVs?

Sometimes breaking a Champagne Bottle, shattering a Christmas Lightbulb or clicking a few links to see a fireworks display is therapeutic in its own right.

So, for those who are young at heart, or never played with Fireworks, or if you ever wanted to be a virtual Pyrotechnician... Here's your chance. Wink

We tested this in the basement for about a week and a half, several different versions types were tried, in the end I chose this for the interaction required to make it work. Up until it was release, I was still making a few changes with different patterns and adding in photo backgrounds in addition to the 2 colored ones I made up. We also played with different color schemes for the forums as I didn't want a repeat of that Memorial Day color "Faux Pas" from a few weeks ago.

I had one member who couldn't see the display, so I copied it for him to see. It actually looks more impressive than the photo shows.

With Clicking On Links

Without Clicking On Links

BTW: Did you try the moon? Smiler

For those who are curious, here are the 7 colors and 8 different shapes and tints, that is driving this firework display.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
IMO, this site is about people who have shared interests, having fun together. Sometimes that takes the form of a GTG. Sometimes, it's telling old war stories. And sometimes it's having fun with corks and fireworks and bottles.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've wondered... hmm Should an RV site have stuff like this, or should it just be about RVs?

Begs the question: What is the RV lifestyle, or Barth lifestyle?

Maybe...

Being social when you want, being solitude when you want;

Sharing together, suffering together, cheering together, or not;

Getting answers to life's mysteries & helping others get answers to life's mysteries;

Planning, executing, and living vicariously;

Inviting people you never met to share a pint and camp in your backyard, then camping in someone's backyard who will treat you like a long lost friend;

Feuding - a little, loving - a lot;

Giving you just one more reason to wake up and love life, respect freedom, and thank others who have sacrificed to give us so many blessings in this short, wondrous, life.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Corey,
That's sums it up, says it well, and explains it all. Wished I was smart enough to have said it.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Fantastic job Bill!! Very cool, and very impressive. Fun too...
Thank you for this July 4th gift, and for all that you do for us Barth folks, new and old alike!

Vince & Michelle
1993 Front entry Breakaway 30.5
Cummings 5.9 190 HP with Banks upgrade to 210 HP, Allison 4 speed
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post