Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

GM Futureliner for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted
go to www.bargainbusnews.com and select #2103, gorgeous bus from 1939. And a steal at 1'200'000 Dollars (not pesos).

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
That is amazing! For some reason the first thing that came to mind was, "I'm sorry sir, we don't allow motorhomes that are older than 10 years at this park."

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Direct link: http://www.bargainbusnews.com/...ralMotorsFuturliner/

Pretty futuristic indeed!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I was so excited that I forgot about #2311 which is a 1997 Barth Trolley on the same page. Just wish to borrow that bus for one day... Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
That thing would cause an accident going down the road!

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
After doing a second look I have to wonder about the rectangular lights on the top row. As I look at other pre war vehicles I don't see this configuration at all. I wonder if this is something the owner added.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
there was 12 of these made - I believe only 3 are still around - we've talked about one a few years back that sold for 4million.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...921077003#9921077003

Here is the link for the futurliner website.

http://www.futurliner.org/fh.htm

I would suspect that there are fewer active members than our site. Roll Eyes

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
There has been some discussion about this website on one of the bus boards. Seems that this guy is offering buses for sale that some of our guys own already. Bait and Switch?

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I Googled his location and it shows a commercial building with condo spaces and there are possibly a few van buses on the side. It's definitely not a physical site with hundreds of buses for sale even though he's bold enough to say visit him at this address: 1501 Baltimore Pike, Springfield, PA

My belief is this is strictly an internet consolidation of posted ads or he may charge a fee to list and sell on his site. Very common and nothing wrong with this business model if it is up front. In essence, this is what every real estate company does as they rarely own any of the properties offered for sale.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
It's definitely not a physical site with hundreds of buses for sale... My belief is this is strictly an internet consolidation of posted ads or he may charge a fee to list and sell on his site.
You're right Corey, The ad clearly states...

In the about us area
quote:
We are an experienced Bus Dealer in PA, and our focus is buying, selling, and brokering buses over the internet and out of our home office in Springfield, PA.
Seems very upfront to me based on this disclosure.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems very upfront to me based on this disclosure.

I agree. Too many internet sellers try to hide their location and pretend they have inventory. I have actually bought EBay items only to be told they were not available after the sale! Very irritating as these jerks are pre-selling items they don't yet have access to. Naturally I blast them on feedback, which is all I can do.

I have found it prudent to do research on the sellers especially if I really need the item. Often it simply takes an email asking their contact info and then I see if they are real or not.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
there was 12 of these made - I believe only 3 are still around

The Kalamazoo Air Zoo has one. http://www.airzoo.org/

Just keep watching the bottom right picture insert entitled "What's New at the Zoo."

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:
quote:
there was 12 of these made - I believe only 3 are still around

The Kalamazoo Air Zoo has one. http://www.airzoo.org/

Just keep watching the bottom right picture insert entitled "What's New at the Zoo."

Lou
GM Futurliner to be on display at the Air Zoo

September 27, 2010

Source: Danielle Nicholl
Job Title: Public Relations & Marketing Manager
Phone: 269.350.2811
Email: dnicholl@airzoo.org

On Sept. 29, a different kind of traveling exhibit is coming to the Air Zoo-a General Motors Futurliner.

In 1940, GM built 12 Futurliners-stylized buses used to transport and showcase the Parade of Progress, GM's national tour promoting the advancement of technology. Each Futurliner featured different exhibits that highlighted the progress of modern science and engineering. The exhibits ranged from a demonstration about refrigeration and insulation to "Power for the Air Age," a display about jet propulsion.

"The Futurliners were about showing progress, including innovations in aviation," said Bob Ellis, Air Zoo president and CEO. "By having a Futurliner on display at the Air Zoo, we hope to continue inspiring youth to follow their dreams and envision the possibilities of the future."

The GM Futurliner will be on display at the Air Zoo Sept. 29 through April 1 and is included in free general admission. It is on loan from the National Automotive and Truck Museum of the United States and thought to be one of nine remaining Futurliners. Its exhibits include "Opportunity for Youth," which is about the Fisher Body Craftsman's Guild, and "Chevrolet Soap Box Derby." In the past, the Futurliner has been on display at the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum in Hershey, Pa., and the Greenfield Village Motor Muster in Dearborn.

For more information on the Futurliner, call the Air Zoo at 269.382.6555

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis