Barthmobile Portal
Chat

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/2421070361

03-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Dave Bowers
Chat
We have a chat option on this forum but I turned it off for the following reason. Everything in a chat goes up in are and future member would not be able to search on it.

However, one of the Groupee people suggest that maybe have a chat for a couple hours 1 or 2 nights a week and perhaps ask a expert in one area or the other to drop by.

For example a Kwickie Step, tech guy or if anyone could get Lee Merriman to do it I would give them a pair of Barth coffee mugs. Any other ideas??

03-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Rusty
I've belonged to several other forums, and the scheduled chat time seems to work best. Otherwise, nobodies' schedules seem to mesh...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
03-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Bill G
Dave,

I like this idea, and since I'll be installing new steps in April, a Kwikee chat session would be a good start.

Bill G
03-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Dave Bowers
I'll give them a call tomorrow. For the Breakaway owners, I have a tentative with not only a Spartan guy but a Cummins guy. The Spartan guy was there when they were delivering chassis' to Barth... This just might work out... be back soon with more info

03-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Lee
Dave,

For possible future chat forums, I'd like to suggest one with our very own jakeofmi

The P-30/32/37 etc issue seems ever ongoing, and Jake sounds like just the person who could address many of the urban legends involving the Chevrolet/GMC motorhome chassis.
03-03-2006, 06:38 PM
Dave Bowers
Well folks, surprize, surprize I called the Kwikee guys and they were just too busy to spend an hour with us..what creeps.. When I put on a rally a couple years ago, virtually every one I called would have jumped at the chance to talk to 30 motorhome owners. We even had a Blue Ox guy spend a whole day talking, lubing and repairing towbars.. Back to the drawing board.

03-03-2006, 09:31 PM
ironsides
How bout Les Hougland for a session or two? if his health allows and he is willing he would be a wonderful sorce of info on many subjects.

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4
03-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Dave Bowers
Great idea Mike, I will give him a call this weekend, I haven't talked to him for a while. Have you Mike, how is he doing? Or would you like to call him?

03-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Dave,

For possible future chat forums, I'd like to suggest one with our very own jakeofmi.

Excellent choice!