Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Something new every trip
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
On our camping trip last weekend - while connected to camp water - I noticed that I had water dripping under the rear of the coach. I had not filled up the onboard water tanks yet this year as everywhere we've gone has camp water available.. When breaking camp and retracting the jacks, a major gush of water came out. After arriving home and looking at the tanks under the bed - I discovered the water tank was filled. Apparently the autofill decided it was time to fill the tanks and it did. What I was seeing was overflow. Very interesting since the autofill has never worked since I've owned the unit... Gremlins at work, I guess

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

[This message has been edited by kc_rusty (edited May 26, 2005).]

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Try cycling the autofill switch on and off a half dozen times, or so. I did that to mine when I had the same condition, & it works fine now.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited May 26, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
If I may politely disagree with Olroy, I would replace it.

These solenoids are problematic, and fail quite often. I had the same thing happen to me, and almost had heart failure down at Disney when I saw the puddle.

You can replace the solenoid, which will basically start the clock on its life again, or you can just replace it with a manual valve.

Yeah, it is not as nifty as switching a buttong and letting it alone, but it IS foolproof...

Cycling the switch my get a few more days/months out of it, but it is obviously on the way out..

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
A little vinegar will dissolve the lime inside the valve and extend the time between failures.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post