Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Thankfulness rises from disaster
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
We are sad to report that Andy and Rosa Anthony of Pasco, WA had an accident with their beautiful Barth coach on their way to the rally in Quartzite. But we are happy to announce that even though their Barth was totaled they are in reasonably good shape.

Andy and Rosa are long time Barth Rangers and came all the way to Minnesota for our Barth Rally in Lanesboro, MN. A couple of the nicest people around.

I won't post it here, however, if any of you would like to send a note of thankfulness to them I will email their address to you.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 24, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I think that these nice folks were here in Port Townsend for the Barth rally a couple years ago. The coach really looked nice with a great paint job. I'm glad that they weren't injured too bad. You have to wonder what shape they would have been in if they were in something other than a Barth.

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, are you able to say what happened? Looking at the picture it appears to have gotten upside down. Did they get tossed around to cause their black eyes? I see snow in the picture and wonder if that played a role? Thanks Dave. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
We saw the other pictures of their wonderfully restored and most beautiful coach absolutely destroyed. That they survived is nothing short of a miracle. Apparently there was some strong wind gusts and Andy swerved, may have caught the edge of the road, regained control but then went over an embankment. That may not be the right sequence but if you saw the rest of the pictures you would wonder how anyone survived. They were just great in Minnesota and we missed them and the rest of you in Quartzite, a bit dusty and windy but a good group of people. Walt and Barb Zeck (former Barth, current Peterbilt custom coach) were there along with Morrie Cothran and the couple from Colorado who tow the MG. All send their regards to Dave and Deb with many thanks for that great rally last summer, more to come!

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Folks that must been one wild ride?We are so sorry about your"BARTH",but so happy your are alright! Jay&Shelby:

[This message has been edited by bubbiebarth2 (edited January 26, 2004).]

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
It is difficult to tell from the picture, but it appears that the A-pillar was sawn off during an extrication by the rescue team.

The fact that they needed to be cut out, and are in fact standing after such a major shunt is a testimony to the strength of their motorhome.

I hope they heal fast.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if STUFF flew around like in zero gravity and that caused all their bruising? We are so happy for them that they walked away. Wow, they must be very strong people to go back and have their picture taken beside same. I don't know if the top was sawed, but the windshield post area is going to be a weak area on all coaches. In order to have a large viewing area with little chance of a blind spot, the post must be thin. Anytime you get something as big as a coach on its side or top the massive weight of the undercarriage is going to play a major role in the damage. Our coach seems to have a comfort zone for driving, and it normally is 60-65 MPH. I don't know what happened, and it is a lot easier said than done, but getting off the gas and holding the coach straight ahead is much safer than trying to get back on the road in quick order. In driving school we practiced dropping a wheel off the pavement and not trying to get back on until we had our speed reduced a bunch. Too it probably is not a good idea to brake hard when such occurs. Maybe this would be a good topic to discuss during the June Rally. Please, don't anyone think I pretend to know all there is regarding safe driving, I don't. I want to learn too. Just thinking aloud. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post