Forums    General Discussions    We made the trip !!!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

We made the trip !!!
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My wife and I finally made our wonderful trip across the country from St Petersburg, Florida to Los Angeles, California: 3,113 miles in our Barth. Arrived Thursday june 17th. We saw and did some great things. We are now officially living in our Barth fulltime.

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Wow, how wonderful is that? This would be a dream come true for Deb and I. We are so thankful that the Barth ran well for you and no major problem.

Just how many state borders did you cross? Tell us all about it.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Dave(oops).... let me tell you and Deb. We took I-10 through Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louosiana. We stopped in and saw New Orleans for the first time. Took I-49 up through Louisiana to I-20 ;then took I-20 accross to Dallas, Texas. Got on I-35 and road that up through Texas into Oklahoma. There's a very cool spot just into Oklahoma in a town called Davis. It's park called Turner Falls. There are actually small mountains and a big waterfall and river that run through the park as well as small caverns to explore. From Oklahoma we took I-40 back through Texas, through New Mexico and Arizona, and into California. In New Mexico, we stopped and saw Acoma the Indian Sky City, the Ice Cave and The Bandera Volcano. In Arizona we saw the Painted Desert, The Petrified Forest, The Meteor Crater, and we hiked the Grand Canyon from the rim to the Colorado River and back to the rim in about eleven hours- and what a hike it was. Got some great pics. The only RV trouble we had along the way was that we lost a tire valve stem in New Orleans. Good Sams bailed us out of that one. I had to replace a cooling fan in the parking lot of An Autozone in Amarillo Texas and I had a little bit of trouble with our towing light system. Oh and little problem with operating temps in some areas. A fantastic trip overall !!!

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

[This message has been edited by brandman (edited June 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by brandman (edited June 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by brandman (edited June 28, 2004).]

Posts: 140 | Location: Los Angeles, California | Member Since: 09-03-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My apologies for that clumsy name switch Dave and Bill.

------------------
Jack and Daiva
1988 Barth Regal

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Ya well we'll hold that against you for sure.

What a great trip. We hope to do that some day. I especially love the southwest.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post