Forums    General Discussions    why is this web site so hard to use????
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

why is this web site so hard to use????
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of matt
posted
Why is it so hard to us this web site . I saw a piture of an older barth and i can not even ask these people a question about there year of barth etc. It was someone that had responded to a question or etc. Jeff and judy was the response.
I dont seem to even have access to ask them a question. This is a very clusmsey site Please Help!!!!!!!

Posts: 13 | Location: findlay ohio | Member Since: 01-10-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
This is BY FAR one of the---if not the BEST websites for RV owners. Try to use the Revcon or Airstream sites. We are so fortunate to have someone such as Bill who dedicates himself to making this such a great site. THERE IS NO OTHER SITE that has such comprehensive articles you can research when you have problems. I CANNOT tell you how much help this site has been when I have had problems with my Barth.

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt:
Why is it so hard to us this web site . This is a very clusmsey site

quote:
Please Help!!!!!!!

If I need help from someone, I find it better not to say negative things about their stuff beforehand.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
If I need help from someone, I find it better not to say negative things about their stuff beforehand.
Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt:
This is a very clusmsey site Please Help!!!!!!!
To anyone who might be having a problem navigating this clusmsey site, please take note of the following statement when you don't have permission to do something.

This statement pops up and tries to help you.
You have not been given the permission(s) to access this page. If you would like this permission, contact Bill_ny@barthmobile.com

We do this for the protection of our membership base. If you need access to something that is not turned on to you, drop me an email and I'll see what I can do about turning it on for you.

Matt, I sent you an email on 01-12-2010 a day or two after you first signed up. I requested a picture of your coach. You never responded to me then.

The only image I have is rather tiny. It is the one you put in as your avatar.

This site is about the history, preservation and restoration of the Barth Motorhome. Part of that has to do with documenting unique coaches.

Your coach is the first instance we found of a "Tag Axle Barth". If you don't mind, please send me a few pictures of your Barth so that we may have them for the enjoyment of all of our members.

Here, in this example, is a better first time post. I see something like this, and I turn on features a lot quicker for a first time poster.
quote:
Hi there, my name is Bill and I own (or want to own) a Barth.

Here is a few pictures of my coach. Blah, blah, blah...
at this point we all welcome them to our group and I say to myself... "Nice Thumbs Up"

Let's re-rack and try again shall we? Here is a great example of a first time poster.

BTW: Welcome to the forums, I hope your stay is enjoyable. You've got my email.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of Scott W
posted Hide Post
I just love this website. Having recently purchased a Barth, I have had a lot of questions. Bill NY, Bud YXY and MWrench have been so helpful. I am so thankful to have such knowledgeable people on hand to help out. They all seem so sincere and at times are very humorous.
I haven't mastered the posting pictures yet, but I am working on it. I enjoy seeing pictures that others post and want to be able to share mine. Bill NY actually offered to call me and walk me through the process. My husband laughed and said the poor man doesn't realize what he is getting himself into. I am sure that with the help of this website and Bill NY we will posting pictures of all the upgrades we are doing to our Barth. Thanks Bill NY for you time and effort for making this website possible. Jaime Ward

1993 Breakaway XL 36'
250 hp 8.3 Cummins
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 13 | Location: Cedar Bluff Al | Member Since: 05-20-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is it so hard to us this web site .

I think you just found out how easy it is to get a message out!!!

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Why is it so hard to us this web site .

I think you just found out how easy it is to get a message out!!!

.......and I'm sure a few hundred other Barth fans have descretely restrained themselves from responding to that initial comment.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I for one like the fact that this site protects my identity. I have been on other sites that resulted in a ton of unsolicited email spam.

I know that because of this site I will be able to make a much more educated decision when it come time to buy a Barth.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
.......and I'm sure a few hundred other Barth fans have descretely restrained themselves from responding to that initial comment.
Honestly, after the day I had yesterday at my "Real Job", my first post was going to be "Sic Em Gang" and then see what was left over. Big Grin

But, I understand that sometimes we have "So Much Great Stuff" on our site, you might just become overwhelmed with everything here.

So, I hope to hear from Matt in the future and I hope if he has a problem, he might send me an email or maybe ask all of you for help.

If you send me a picture or two of your coach, we'll call it even ok? Cool

Besides... it's not like he's trying to sell us GPS Software, or anything like that. Tin Foil Hat Club

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I love this website, no pop ups, unwelcome emails etc. first I was confused too though because some features did not work. Now if I could just get them pictures posted and how to copy the craigslist ads incl pics. some has to do with my antique computer and dial up (i.e. that chat room I can only dream of). No need to get your feathers ruffled.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you send me a picture or two of your coach, we'll call it even ok?

Charity and foregivness are virtues that rank at the top along with fidelity and honesty.

Keep up the good work Bill-NY

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I had some problems at first as well. Nothing major and was only due to the fact I was used to forum software such as vbulletin and phpBB.

As far as contacting other members, just post. So what if others see your question, that's the point of a forum to begin with.

The old saying regarding website design is "content is king". Barthmobile holds the crown.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Matt,

You're lucky I was on a business trip as I am not as restrained as our thoughtful moderator and I may have not been as "foregivefull and virtuous"!.

This is the best site you will ever visit if you own a vintage RV, hands down. I belong to a number of forums that represent my varied (ADD) interests, and Barthmobile is without rival. The reason you could have gotten blasted is this is not a website to many of us, it is a gathering place for friends which is run by a most generous and insightful individual. Without knowing it, you dissed a "brother".

You didn't know that, now you do, fair warning mate!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
posted Hide Post
I just do not know how to respond to this hmm Bill does a great job I have learned soooooooo much on this site it would be almost if not completly imposible to find this much imfo like
-----> the oil stick in my 454 is probly no corect
and 24 ft ----> does not mean 24 ft and on and on
anyway just stick around and try not to crap in your own back yard

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun

Posts: 89 | Location: orlando florida | Member Since: 04-23-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post