Reply To This Topic

From the "What was he thinking?" department
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of DougZ
posted
I'm not sure if this is for real or a joke -

For sale?

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
If he wanted an aerodynamic unit why is he selling it? More time and money than sense?

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Shoulda used a Toronado graft and saved a bundle.

I have seen several, some with the Toronado cockpit and at least one (here in town) with the driver sitting in the Airstream with only the Toronado hood and front end grafted on. They worked out pretty well, according to the owners.

He will be lucky to get a dime on the dollar of his asking price.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Bet I can put a Barth class C on a Sprinter chassis and save over 1/2 million $$$$$$.
That said, It is pretty cool. Thumbs Up

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
575 what?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric D.
posted Hide Post
That his address is "Santa Barbara" answers all questions

Posts: 44 | Location: Bay Area | Member Since: 02-21-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric D.:
That his address is "Santa Barbara" answers all questions

I dunno................not many folks up there do their own work, let alone such an undertaking as this.

Or maybe he hired it out. That would explain his high asking price.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
The thing makes about as much value cents as that stretched FMC

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I don't know how, but that thing got uglier since the last time I looked at it! confusion

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougZ:
I don't know how, but that thing got uglier since the last time I looked at it! confusion

Emerson said, "Beauty is it's own excuse for being."

Perhaps that thing is really getting uglier on its way to self-destruction. Smiler

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like he took the most over-priced trailer, stuck it on the most over-priced van body, and turned it into the most over-priced vehicle in history.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
Good grief....

Why did he waste so much time, money and effort and not go ahead and at least paint the darn van silver to match the trailer....

Should I buy this at 575,000 or get a nice used Prevost, Bluebird, Newell....??????

Duhhhhhhh......

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
Good grief....

Why did he waste so much time, money and effort and not go ahead and at least paint the darn van silver to match the trailer....

Duhhhhhhh......

a half-million dollar graft should not be painted silver, it should be PLATED silver, except for the wheels, which need to be diamond dust coated.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post