Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Looking for a model name for my Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just purchased a 1982 22' coach,#8210/2996/22FP1. Is there a model name for this unit. I don't seem to find one anywhere in my paperwork.

Posts: 24 | Location: Sagle ID USA | Member Since: 06-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile. I can only help you if your coach has a fiberglass front end with a somewhat streamlined shape. If so you own a Euro. If it's a flat faced aluminum coach Dave or one of the other experts on this site will know. A picture would help and we all like to see other Barths anyway so try to get one posted.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan, it is a fiberglass frontend with 2 square grill's. I guess that makes it a Euro. I have not seen any pics on this site like mine. Thanks for the info, I will post a pic as soon as the rain stops. Just purchased the unit last weekend.

Tim

Posts: 24 | Location: Sagle ID USA | Member Since: 06-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
First of all Tim, welcome to "our gang" and here are some nice pictures of some Euros.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
All right Tim! Welcome to a small fraternity of glassnose owners. As Dave and others will tell you, these coaches were built first class for the European market and I understand a bunch of them went to Iraq and other mideast locales. There were some concerns about the seal where the aluminum meets the glass, although I have never had a problem there. The windshield and overhead running lights should be checked and resealed if they look suspect. If you have a generator you can see a diagram from my coach under the schematics forum to see how mine is wired. The pictures that Dave posted are mine in race trim, mine with the window covers in place, and another Euro that probably looks a lot like yours. You will find that you own a very special coach the more you dig into it and figure out how everything works. Have a blast and don't hesitate to ask questions. "the only stupid questions are the ones that aren't asked" Somebody said that, but it wasn't me. Again, welcome and lets see some pix of this coach.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave, The ad you posted mentions "the contemporary Barth Tandem" Is this referencing the tag axle or was this a model?

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK here's another one. There appears to be hump just aft of the drivers compartment in the ad Euro. I have never seen this.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
In my post on the Euro history, I made mention of the raised roof for the Margaret Thatcher's coach. That is the one pictured.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Score 1 for bill. I still have a hard time believin' some of the other stuff in that history book though!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

posted Hide Post
Thank's for the info and pics, that confirms that mine is a Euro. I didn't realize that I had stumbled into such an exclusive fraternity, all you nice folks and Margaret Thatcher too, WOW.

This is my first RV. I have struggled with what kind of a unit to go with. Do I want a fifth wheel, a camper for the truck or a motorhome, I just wasn't sure until I saw this handsome old coach. It was love at first site.

I especially like the race trim.

Where can I find the post on the Euro?

Thanks all.

Tim

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Tim, at the bottom of the General Discussion page click on page 14 and look for 81 glassnose. This is how I was introduced to this bunch!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

posted Hide Post
Danny, Wow and you decided to stick around after that intro.