Tools
Reply To This Topic

The Other Widow
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
If you haven't encountered one of these yet you probably will if you live in the south. Brown Widow spiders are everywhere down here and the newest thing for us bug killers to deal with. They are very venomous but rarely bite and only inject a little venom so they aren't really that horrible, it's just that there are so MANY of them. If you wonder if they are around just check any place a spider could hide and build a web and see if there are small balls that look like white sandspurs in it. That's them. I had them in all four wheel wells and in the hitch and under everything they could find. I'm still studying control but have found dusts work best. They don't like going inside so I'm not too worried, but I'll keep an eye out inside the coach.
Don't freak out, just be aware that they are out here.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3484 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
THEY HIDE ON MY POOL CAGE UNDER THE RAFTERS .I hate them just kill them with my finger I know do not use my finger use two blocks of wood works fine.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I found something new in my shed. We have all seen the centepedes that are 1 or 2 inches long - I have had a couple that are 4 to 5 inches long! These dudes are sacrey looking!

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post