Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Thank you Susan and Gary SUGAR
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
Wow, as you guys get closer to your doorstep, I want to thank you for all of the great photos and information on your trip to Mexico. I think almost all of us have a different outlook on a trip to Ol' Mexico.

Especially these last photos you sent from the rally in Quarzite. Thanks again guys, just greeeaaat!!!

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, great pics, but what the heck? Is this the place everyone wants to visit? No trees? No lake? What's the attraction, if I may be so bold as to ask?

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ron, it's the RAINBOW. Don't you see what I see? At one end of the rainbow is reads, BARTH, and the other end, BOWERS. Seeing that is worth putting up with all the WIND, and DUST. Looks like they drive right over the tumble weeds too. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duuuuh, you must have one of them fancy-smancy color monitors. Hard to see a rainbow in this B&W setup.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ron, oh ron, where have you been the past 10 years? Anybody that can afford a 175 MPH scooter can afford alittle COLOR, and is your printer transparent too? It's 2004 my friend. You are so honest it scares me. "Got to love that ron" maybe. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is quite a beautiful picture with all the Barths in it.

posted Hide Post
Ron, one little scolding from Dale and you cave like that? i know your trying to get him to make you something aren't you?

(me too)

except for the rigs and the storm approching you would see mountains and lots of area for 4 wheeling and exploring and cacti and desert.

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh, scenery and open spaces.......I can dig it. Ole Cuz didn't get on me too hard. I have a pump he may need, so he ain't gonna mess with kin-folk to bad.

Dale: the pump specs are,Shurflo #2099-403-444, 2.8gpm, 4amp, 45psi.

[This message has been edited by ron (edited January 27, 2004).]

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
I had somewhat the same reaction as Ron, except that I told Dave this was all beach, just no water!
It was, in fact, very dusty, dirty, windy and we left after three days. Seeing all the Barths is always great and we look forward to more in June. The RV show was interesting, traffic was awfully slow because there was just too much of it. I don't know how many RV's in Quartzite at the peak but well over 100,000 would be my guess. We were way out there on BLM land dry camping amidst the cacti, rocks and sand. Whoooopeeeee!

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK so you tell me where you would rather be.

I'll take de stinking dust

I thing one of the big draws on the BLM is that you can camp there from Sept to April for $140.00.. I'm cold....I know I'm whining....

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited January 27, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thats why i posted about desert gold, just should have posted it alot sooner. (some days i'm not too smart, some days i'm just plain dumb )
they have a pool,sauna,18 hole mini golf,horseshoes,crafts,darts,pingpong,free library and videos,jam sessions,church,desert trips in a big off road military vehicle,free car and rv wash station,oil changing station,surrounded by blm land for exploring and rock hunting,pets and no pets section, clean large restrooms and showers, laundry, $5 or $10 trips to laughlin,nv. and more all for $1050 per YEAR, plus electric which ran us about $40. per month average for the 5 months we actually stayed there. very little dust or wind as i recall and 13 miles to all of the action at Q-site.

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Based on ironsides' earlier post, we drove out to Desert Gold when we did the Quartzite turnaround last Sunday. He speaks true.

If you're an effete city type who needs big city conveniences, forget it, but if you want to get away from traffic, fumes, etc., this is the place. There are a couple other campgrounds close by, and a neat restaurant across the highway where we ate lunch .

Isolated, yes, but lots of activities. We're thinking of trying it for at least a month next year.

The desert ain't no tropical beach, but if you like lots of sun, warm weather, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, and outdoor activities, and don't need a Wal-Mart next door, it's fine.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong....Quartizite is great, especially when the wind is below 20 knots. And it is quiet, beautiful, isolated and remote, all of which are very appealing. Folks and food are terrific and it would be easy to spend a month there, probably not dry camping. We have friends who spend six weeks there and others who spend one week. It's simply a matter of preferences, comfort, convenience and what your priorities are. Each to her own........yippity do dah.

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post