Tools
Reply To This Topic

Merry Christmas
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukah everyone and may your New Years be blessed. Take a moment to reflect on this past year and vow to have a better one, life's too short. Smiler

Bill, Linda, Joey, Cassidy.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
All the best for the Holidays...Maggie, Casey and I head out tomorrow for my sister's in NW MO...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cassie and Steve
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Steve & Cassie here in mid central Ohio. We are heading to Florida on Chrismas day to spend some time with family and friends (the kids all have other plans or are out of the state or out of the country! wahhhh-- why do they have to grow up so dang fast anyways?? lol)
Steve has a short vacation from work so we decided to take a few days and fly down for some warmth and I have to have one day at the beach, or else! Cool lol I don't care if it rains, i'll walk the beach with a trash bag over me if I have to! Big Grin
Take care all and be safe and happy.

Posts: 17 | Location: west central ohio; ie: Celina | Member Since: 11-25-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
We wish you all , Maggie and I, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Northern Land of Quebec!
This year it will be different. We are now grand-parents since october. I guess, starting next year, I will have to wear again my Santa suit. Smiler
2006 has been good for us. First I retired, second , we got our Barth, and third, we are now grand-parents.
In 2007 we will travel more. Who knows, we may run into one of you and your Barth somewhere. Wink

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
A very Merry Christmas from Suzie and I to all of you. We're heading to Okechobee for the first part of the weekend with friends to visit friends. Not needing air conditioning I'm sure we can power the Euro without a 50 amp service. It's nice to bring your own lodging, along with providing comfortable transport for a bunch of folks. May the new year provide all of you with plenty of opportunity to utilize your beautiful Barths as often as you wish. Danny and Suzie

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to all for this holiday season and I hope all of you have a great camping year in 2007.

Georgene and I miss the Barth already and it's only been packed away for about four weeks.

Bill and Georgene Goodwin

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Merry CHRISTmas to all of you Barthers.
May your travels be merry and bright. Smiler

Mike

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Alright everybody, what did Santa bring?

I got a killer George Strait concert DVD and a color photo printer.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
4 DVD set - "Century of Flight"

12 DVD set - Six Rogers & Hammerstein musicals (haven't opened it yet - don't know what's on the extra 6 DVDs)

3 CD set - Time/Life series "The Folk Years."

If you don't hear from me for the next 6 months, you'll know why.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Extended version CD of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida with three versions of the title song and a great read describing the making of the album and the where the title came from.
Damn Yankees with Ted Nugent
DVD of Cars [the Pixel Cartoon]
OK Dave, I'll tell you. When Doug Ingle was writing the song it was "In the Garden of Eden" but he was drinking large amounts of red wine and by the time he tried to tell his drummer the name of the song it came out In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. The extended drum solo was part of an African Mass, and the band laid down the song in one take with no engineer and no instumental overdubbing. The vocals were laid down after, but by todays standards that would be quite a feat.
Woops, sorry about the thread drift! We bought the Barth a new 13" TV for the back, and we got a ton of rain for the lawn, so Christmas was pretty great all around this year!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post

Yep working with 4 track analog was no easy thing but the guys who worked with it were great. I have been in session where the bass hit a wrong note and the A/R guy cut out the note with a razor blade, taped it to a leader record it running fast or slow, depending on whether the note was sharp or flat and then splice it back into the master.

Sounds like many you folks are into media like I am. I love DVD music concerts.

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
How about Les Paul & Mary Ford back in the '50s? He invented the solid body electric guitar. His solo instrumentals and performances with his one-woman choir, his wife Mary Ford, were popular at the time.

Considering the advances in electric technology, their stuff sounds crude & dated today, but Les was the first with the instrument that underpins modern music, and the first with multitrack recording.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sounds like many you folks are into media like I am. I love DVD music concerts.

As an alternative to DVD, Public TV sometimes shows some incredible concert videos, lately Pink Floyd's Pulse and Roy Orbison and Friends, but somehow they always coincide with pledge drives so you have to sit through the begging.

79 Barth Classic

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We liked that Roy Orbison and Friends so much that we finally bought the DVD. The sound is MUCH better.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post