Reply To This Topic

Piss Poor
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K&E:
Another interesting observation in my travels...in many foreign countries and even in larger U.S. cities, people are more likely to grocery shop on a daily basis. But here in our rural area, people go to the grocery store once a week or once a month. They have a tendency to stock up on groceries....they never shop daily. It dawned on me this is probably a generational habit they picked up from their parents or their parents picked up from their grandparents where people would "go to town" one day a week, usually Saturday where they would sell their items, eggs, milk, butter etc.... and buy the extra groceries they needed. Even though my parents were professionals, this is the way they did it in the 1970's when they raised our family....

It's interesting to sit back and analyze people and try to figure out why they do the things they do....

In our case, we buy what's on sale, when it's on sale. Once a week does it.

The fact that we are an hour from town has nothing to do with it, as we shopped the same way in El Lay.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
if you ever had a european sized fridge you know why people shop daily.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post