Forums    General Discussions    Winter Blues!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Winter Blues!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted
I already got the winter blues, three days of snow on the ground is a bit much for October, it's more like late December weather. I pulled the Barth out to work on it and this crap hit now it's just going to sit until the weather gets back to normal which should be close to 60. It really feels like December damn I think I hear Christmas music.

Did someone say global warming, how's the weather in Florida? Normally this should be beautiful fall weather here in Michigan.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
So it's your fault... thought you'd work on the coach in nice weather, eh? head bang

I drained my water system the day before it snowed, cut it a little close.

Reminds me more of growing up in the UP... always had snow for Halloween, couldn't see why people wanted to get in a costume and wander around in freezing rain...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep my fault, actually I blamed it on my son-in-law he's on a two week leave from the army and the weather has been crap since he's been here. And he leaves Monday for a three year stay in Hawaii, I guess he won't have to worry about crappy weather!

You know what they say if you ever designed a halloween costume to fit over a snow suit you're probably from Michigan.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
47° here this morning, 76° for the high; clear and sunny, with the nip of winter in the air.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We have mid 30s in morning, mid 80s in afternoon. Down to 81 right now, with sun getting ready to disappear behind the mountains.

It's a dry heat.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feeling better today, snow has melted, sun is shining and a high of 51 predicted. What a roller coaster ride we have here. I guess we'll never be Florida or Arizona. My parents retired and moved to Florida, my sister and brother-in-law moved to Arizona about 30 years ago.

But anyway I have this love-hate relationship with Michigan, yesterday I hated (even through it's wrong to hate) and today I'm in love, kind of.

Heck I might even work on the Barth today.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I would never trade fall colors and fresh snow with blue skies for Florida or Arizona !!! Embracing ALL four seasons.
Ever been horseback riding thru the deeply snowed in winter forest in a full moon night? Or enjoy a hot toddy in front of a crackling fire ?
Doris

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
We have fall colors and snow will be here in another month.

Here is a March snow morning.

Anybody know of a way to resize a .jpg image in Windows 8?....My previous resizer does not work.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Holy giant photo, Batman! Wink The basic Paint program has a pretty simple resizer in Windows 7, I'm guessing that did not change much in Windows 8. Google Picasa photo editor (free download) and Photobucket (online) can do it too.

We haven't had the snow in central Illinois, but the temps have been there. Upper 20's the other night. I work night shift with some outside work, so I've been FEELING it. Brrrrrr.

Tom & Loraine, are you anywhere near South Haven? We love to camp in Covert about 5 miles south of there on the Blue Star Highway. Great beach spot, in the warmer months of course.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill H. No room in the stable for the Barth? Confused

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sloop John B:
Bill H. No room in the stable for the Barth? Confused

At that time, the house wasn't approved for occupancy. We lived in the Barth from Jan 2011 to July 2013, but used one of the bathrooms and the laundry room in the house as soon as we could jerry rig it. We had a big house size fridge in the barn.

Now that we are in the house, the Barth has its spot in the barn. Enough sun comes in the windows to keep the batteries up.

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Is that a pond or a creek between the house and the barn?

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill H, Beautiful photo, love the house and barn. It's a bit hard for me to associate snow with Arizona.

Scotty, We live in Watervliet which is 15 miles south of South Haven, I actually work in South Haven. We haven't stayed at the Covert park but heard it is nice. We normally stay at the State Park which is just north of Covert. That is a great place to stay as well.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom & Loraine:
Scotty, We live in Watervliet which is 15 miles south of South Haven, I actually work in South Haven. We haven't stayed at the Covert park but heard it is nice. We normally stay at the State Park which is just north of Covert. That is a great place to stay as well.

Awesome! We wanted to drive through that state park last time we came up that way, but there was an admission fee so we passed. I'm used to IL state parks that are always free to visit, only costing money for extra services/camping.

Anyway, that reminds me that several years ago in Covert I saw a Barth parked there (I think I posted a photo here). It was empty for several days during the week, as if the owner(s) had a seasonal spot and only came to the park on weekends. Not yours I assume, but another one in the area at the time.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Van Buren State Park, just south of South Haven was the home of the June 2009 Barth GTG.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake