Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Owner
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I just bought the 77 Barth listed in RV Trader. I bought it wholesale, (or so they say) and have not seen it and will not see it until July. Can anyone tell me, do they have levelers?

Thanks
Terry

Posts: 7 | Member Since: 02-26-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi terry..3 yrs in the army here...welcome to a great site..i have a 77 454ci 21 footer..mine doesnt have levelers..just me and pieces of 2x6..i have to have mine fairly level or the refrig wont work...i have really enjoyed it ..have done minor mechanic work that i never done..it has been a great learning experience and have enjoyed every minute of it!!!you will learn a lot here..alot of great people are friendly and willing to give advice...roy

------------------
living in beautiful southern illinois
77-21' p-30 454

Posts: 37 | Location: alto pass il | Member Since: 01-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Can't tell. Some Barth gassers did, more didn't. It depended on the customer who ordered the coach.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey , i recently bought a 1977 30t for restoration. it came with levelers but they were not working (not working an understatement) i think they were installed in the factory but im not sure. mine had no records or owners manual. as a matter of fact, any info on leveler systems would be greatly appreciated.im sure you will be happy with your purchase. i have really enjoyed the restoration process so far .
congrats on your new motor coach.

Posts: 21 | Location: renagade6785@aol.com | Member Since: 09-30-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrick you got any pics..thanks..roy

Posts: 37 | Location: alto pass il | Member Since: 01-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, I hope I get lucky and it has them. I can't wait to see the thing. I have asked the dealer so many questions about it that he has to be tired of me. I plan on odering Daves CD as soon as I figure out how.

When I saw the Barth I knew nothing about them. I was shopping for an Apollo because I had heard they were one of the best. (John Wayne drove one) I did a search on Barth, found this website, dropped the Apollo deal I was working on and bought the Barth, unseen. Am I crazy or smart?

Posts: 7 | Member Since: 02-26-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
When you get Dave's CD and look at the Barth construction photos I think you'll feel completely confident you've done the right thing.
Aside from the great design, wood work, components etc. that you can see on your Barth... when you look behind the walls at how its made you'll be really impressed. You've got exciting times ahead of you.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AF retiree:

When I saw the Barth I knew nothing about them. I was shopping for an Apollo because I had heard they were one of the best. (John Wayne drove one) I did a search on Barth, found this website, dropped the Apollo deal I was working on and bought the Barth, unseen. Am I crazy or smart?

For sure, Barths are better looking. The Apollo styling is now dated, while the Barth is a timeless classic.

The Dodge chassis used by Apollo had weak brakes. A mechanical problem on the road with a P30 will be easier to deal with. The 440 engine is more of an orphan than the 454. The P30 chassis is less of an orphan than the Dodge. Trannies are both good.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post