Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I need some expert advise here
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
OK, the other day I am thinking that I am big stuff because I found the tooling and machinery to roll form side panels on Barth coaches. Thinking that this would be really the missing link to having virtually every part of a Barth coach availible.

So here's the problem. Even though I think that I can get the machine and tooling free I need to find somewhere to position it in a rollforming company somewhere. Problem is two fold. First this is really chump change stuff. They may only sell one or two panels a year. That isn't enough for anyone to want to give up floor space. Next they usually make this stuff up in 8 or 16 foot lengths which is hard to ship. Actually, almost impossible to ship.

So this machine needs to be placed somewhere that can turn out the material and do the repairs. Unfortunately, if someone has a lot of damage they would have to travel to get it fixed.

So if we are able to get this roll form machine and the tooling what do you think we should do with it?

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, are these just rollers that go on another machine, or is it the whole machine? Seems like a natural home would be someone in long standing of major repairs of RV's. Too how many years of Barth's used the same panel? Your find could be very useful for sure, and I welcome more details. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,You might try Les Hoagland at Motorcoach Restoration,P.O.513,1409 Short 11th st,Lincoln IL. 62656,1 800 786 1536 or 217 735 1536. My brother owns a 1973 FMC ,It's to easy to be main stream. We have to own the odd balls,dont know why?? Les deals with MCC, so he might be intrested with the Barth tooling? if he's still open.BRES

Posts: 37 | Location: St. Paul. Mn. USA | Member Since: 04-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, what size and weight is this machine? Are there any other opitions to use the panels for other projects? I am in the remolding business and we install many alum. carports and patio rooms and carry panels 20 foot long on a pick up truck with racks.Les Hoagland(prior post) was still in business a few months ago and I am sure he is still at the same number. He had worked on the barth that I bought about 6 months ago and I talked to him at length at that time. He was very helpful and seemed knowledgeable. Jerry

Posts: 15 | Location: Godfrey, IL, US | Member Since: 07-27-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post