Tools
Reply To This Topic

Insurance
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I figured I'd waste a few minutes today answering Progressive's mail flier. They couldn't touch Allstate on my other three vehicle coverage, but they cut my RV rates more than in half, and would write the Barth alone. Saves me about 400 a year. Quite a bit for a low use vehicle!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I found Progressive the best now for our RV, but State Farm can be good too, depending on the area and phase of the moon.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
After much searching, Progressive was able to write a stand-alone RV policy for me that was significantly less than adding the RV to my family vehicle policy from another carrier, yet they couldn't compete when it came to writing the entire vehicle package....go figure.....

The real test will come at claim time...something I haven't experienced yet...Anybody with Progressive claim handling experience out there?....maybe this is false economy......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
I've had Progressive since I started with the Barth'S about 6 years ago. I've replaced two windshields and one rear window and it cosr me $250.00.

I also have roadside coverage with them and it works...

I won't switch to anyone else.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have to vote for AllState myself. The difference was $371/year. I have AllState RV Roadside and it covers every vehicle that I have insured with them (including motorcycles). Worked for my Jeep. Hope I never get to use it on the RV....

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I have AAA Plus RV but I've never had to use it yet KOW .

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Had my s.o.b. towed from the outskirts of Tucson into town a few years ago by USAA towing & labor on my regular insurance. No cost to me, and the service is inexpensive. 24 bucks a year covers all three of my vehicles, but you have to be active or retired military to insure with the company.

There was a nice lady there in a 28' Barth, just like the one I had missed buying in Texas a few months previous. She had been towed down from Kitt Peak, about 50 miles +/- west of there. She had AAA, and seemed pleased with it.

We both had fuel system problems. Haven't had the Barth towed yet, but I held my breath a few times before I caught up with some deferred mechanical systems maintenance.

Used Good Sam Road Service once many years ago, and it was fine. Don't know anything about their other insurance.

Been tempted a time or two to see if I could find a better price on the RV insurance than USAA, but they've treated me kindly in all respects for about 30 years.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post