Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

just a question
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
why are the weights so different on the on the same size coach but a different model of the Barthes? Just wondering aren't they built with aluminum and steel base rail? Does the weight detour from safty?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
The biggest factor in weight would be gas versus diesel. Since the different models offer different power, you would have to know the specifics. Diesel engines/transmission are much heavier than gas and it tends that once a model leaps up to the level of diesel, it tends to get bigger and better brakes, suspension, larger genny, etc. That's my experience anyway.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I assume you might be talking about the Regency model. Corey is correct in the weights of the diesel vs. gas, but most of the weight differences I see in that model is in the chassis. The Gillig is a much heavier chassis than the Spartan. This does not mean that one empty weight is more than another, though I would believe the Gillig is, but moreover that one has a heavier GVWR. Seems they used both Spartan and Gillig on the Regency.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
just wondering that is all thanks.As soon judy can get into the motor home we will be back on the road.THE KNEE IS HEALING WELL. SHE SHOULD BE OFF THE WALKER THIS WEEK.I know caps again
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that Judy is doing well. Hubby had knee replacement July 17th, he is now walking with a cane and wishes he had his knee replaced years ago.. He said surgery was piece of cake but rehab is kinda difficult but he is determined and is doing well.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We (Casey, Nelson, Norman, and I) wish her the best!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
(Casey, Nelson, Norman

Norman?? I met Casey and Nelson but who's Norman?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nelson on the left, Norman on the right:

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess Nelson is holding Norman down just for the picture?

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nelson is just establishing his "alpha dog" status. Meanwhile Norman, being a clever cat, has chosen to humor him? (knowing full well who's REALLY important!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nelson is just establishing his "alpha dog" status.

I wonder what Casey has to say about that.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Casey's feline buddy, Ferd (a white Maine Coon) disappeared 4 years ago. Casey never really warmed up to Norman; they played a little here and there, but Nelson and Norman became buds from the time Nelson came home.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nelson and Norman became buds from the time Nelson came home.

Just goes to show ya that Nelson can be "buds" with anyone.... At least he sure looks like a friendly guy....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
They look like a couple of buddies who tossed a few too many back while at the bar.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Just a "couple of good ole boy's".

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post