Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Floor Safe on 1990 Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted
Does anyone know where the floor safe woould be mounted on a 1990 Regency? According to the brochure, it was standard equipment but I don't see it anywhere.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I saw one in a photo under one of the dinette seat cushions.

1983 Mercedes 300 SD Turbo Diesel...
...Rudolph Diesel ran his first one on peanut oil, I use soybean in mine.
Looking for a nice Breakaway.

Posts: 11 | Location: Scotts Valley CA | Member Since: 03-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know where the floor safe woould be mounted on a 1990 Regency? According to the brochure, it was standard equipment but I don't see it anywhere.

Ours is well hidden, too. In fact it is so well hidden that I don't even need to lock it. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the floor?? Big Grin

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Devolo - you funny! It's not that I thought the floor safe was in the wall somewhere, this coach has had the carpet replaced and I'm curious if it was covered up or removed. So, if anyone can tell me where to look, I can decide if it is worth pulling up carpet. If it was in the dinette bench, it must have been in the forward bench which is now gone. Any other ideas on location?

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/10
posted Hide Post
The safe in our Regency is located under the dinette bench. If your dinette was removed; my guess is that the safe went with it. The safe is a metal box which is screwed to the floor, not "in" the floor. It is roughly 6"x6"x12" with a keyed front door and not very inconspicuous.

1990 32' Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins CTA8.3
Allison 4 speed

Posts: 70 | Location: WI | Member Since: 03-19-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
That must be it. The rear dinette bench is still in place but there isn't a safe hiding in there so it must have been in the other bench. I was in hopes of recovering the other bench but was told the wood was used to make another project by a relative of the previous owner.

I like the idea of a safe in the coach so I can certainly buy one and install it in a new inconspicuous place. Thanks everybody!

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

posted Hide Post
Check under the bed storage.

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
I looked there during maintenance, no luck. I'll look in the closet in the morning, that's the only place I can think of that hasn't been checked - thoroughly.

"Stagecoach"
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
I found a box that matches your description under the fridge. I had removed the storage drawer beneath the fridge and was looking for the water valve for the ice maker and found this little metal box with the key inside. Wasn't screwed down to anything though.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Steve WI:
The safe is a metal box which is screwed to the floor, not "in" the floor. It is roughly 6"x6"x12" with a keyed front door and not very inconspicuous.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Mine is under the center entrance step, does not lock and is very unnoticable unless you know it's there. You just slide the tread out and up to expose it.

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Towerguy, the safe is located under the couch, lift it up as if you going to turn it into a bed. look in the upper right hand corner. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post