Tools
Reply To This Topic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Scalzo:
Only one response was on Skype, and even though that one was positive, no one else picked up the subject??
I think we all know that I like to respond to everything. Anyway, you never linked the Skype download page or told us what added stuff you needed to do all of this.

I was hoping for more info too so I could tell if I wanted to try this out.
quote:
I thought if enough of us signed on we could video conference or talk over topics, exchange files, pictures, etc. all at no cost.
Is there a virtual place that you go to (like a chat room?) that allows you to do this?

I don't have VOIP (voice over internet protocol). Does it matter?

Clueless in Newburgh Frowner

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Don Scalzo
posted Hide Post
To use Skype all you need is a mic & headset, a webcam is a plus. You log on to www.ebay.com and then on the home page you scroll down and on the left hand side you right click on Skype and its a free download. You will be able to dial any phone free until Jan. 1 after which you will be able to dial anyone who has downloaded Skype free. I don't believe there is any intention of charging at a laterr date. You set up a list of contacts and you can exchange information, contact them if they are online or conference call four numbers and chat.
My phone # is 813-649-1122 if you have any questions.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
To use Skype all you need is a mic & headset, a webcam is a plus.
Well then, it looks like I'll need everything. For the mic, headset and webcam does anyone (G33K) have a solid recommendation?

The download page for Skype is http://pages.ebay.com/skype/

I downloaded and installed it on my computer. My firewall program blocked it so I had to grant Skype access to the internet. It was all very easy to do.

My S k y p e__n a m e is Bil_N.Y. You can not have a space between the names so for spacing underscoring is a must.

Do you think by placing my S k y p e__s c r e e n name on a webpage I’ll get unwanted attention? Like picking up a ringing payphone at a truckstop? Big Grin

(Sorry for all that spacing up top. I'm trying to mess with a spider)

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post