Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hocking Hills, Ohio 10/16-20/13
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I was planning to head to my place in Canton (MI) then go from there via Findlay and Columbus the next day. I could prolly go a day or 2 early and meet somewhere if that works... hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
D.L will be joining us at this GTG. That makes 4 Barths and shiny rounded end travel trailer.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rusty you are such a genius. Thanks for all your work on Barthmobile.com!

Thanks, but it's easy when one has Admin rights - actually, I'm in this for the money...Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
quote:
Rusty you are such a genius. Thanks for all your work on Barthmobile.com!

Thanks, but it's easy when one has Admin rights - actually, I'm in this for the money...Big Grin

Priceless. Thumbs Up

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
About the weather, I worked in Circleville during the Winter and Spring of '02. The weather patterns seem to split and generally leave this area in a rather moderate condition. Not just my short experience but the comments of the natives.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Braley
posted Hide Post
Is there specific information about this gathering? I'd like to be notified by email rather than checking the forum. I noticed one person was going to inquire about a discount rate - I might be interested in making the trip from Milan.

Posts: 42 | Location: Milan, OH | Member Since: 07-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We don't do email notifications, but you can. Click on "Notify" at the top of the forum and choose your frequency.

As far as specific info, you'll have to endure reading the entire thread.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
As of right now there are 2 sites, 151,152, that will handle 32' coaches. These sites are right across from where the rest of us will be. If interested make reservation Quick,

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
As of right now there are 2 sites, 151,152, that will handle 32' coaches. These sites are right across from where the rest of us will be. If interested make reservation Quick,

turns out I will not be on a Carnival cruise as I had planned. tempted to drive the Pleasure-Way down and visit w you folks who are going to SE OH. used to go to Marietta and/or Parkersburg often for motorcycle rides. So, I am aware of how pretty SE OH is.

ps.
On the other hand, it seems that Kevin's JUL 18 experience was not out of the ordinary.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hot...omingville_Ohio.html
http://travel.camping.com/Camp...d-RV-Parks/All/Top-O'-The-Caves-Campground/Reviews

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Will have to give you our review after the GTG. After reading the reviews I came up with they don't have the best showers, Don't go 95 Deg. holiday weekends. and humor the old man.

After reading the reviews,I looked at the reviews for Raccoon Mountain Campground.(Chattanooga GTG) only stayed the 1 night there. It was a great time, But if you look at reviews they don't look that much different.

Every time I have called them they have been great to deal with. Have tried to group us close as they could.

Kevin sorry they couldn't fit you in. Would be great if you could stop in for a day.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Fixed the link.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
So far I have had no trouble. We'll report on things when we get there. Thumbs Up

I often find the same thing when reading feedback and comments: opinions vary all over the place.

Some of the comments on RV parks I've seen have been quite negative, but make me wonder whether we got both sides of the story. Did the park people make any effort to correct, were they even informed? hmm

When I was researching the fuel injection system for 86Barth, again the customer feedback was all over the scale... from Thumbs Up Superman to Violence wack

I have noticed that the people who complain the most are often the ones who can't spell, don't proofread their rants (and probably don't read instruction manuals either...) head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
86Barth is ready to go. Tooling Along

Went to state park last week, going to UP next week to haul Dad's boat. Then I will stay a couple days at my place near Detroit and on to OHIO! cheers

Got my second cataract lens implant Thursday, now 20/20 in both eyes without glasses. Been wearing glasses since 6th grade, only need reading glasses now, great!

Looking forward to another Barth GTG! Thumbs Up Too bad my eyes weren't ready for Branson, maybe next time...

Have Barth, will travel

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Once again health issues have foiled my plans. My stepmother in law had a stroke about 2 weeks ago, not fatal but she can't come home. We are in the middle of clearing her house to sell. Her kids are out of state and useless.

I had to cancel the Hocking Hills weekends but I arranged for another Barth mystery guest to take my reservation.

PS nice wheel covers...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Once again, Steve, you are THE go-to guy people count on. sorry you must participate in something much less fun than a Barth GTC.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post