Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Black Hills GTG
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Just wondering what days everyone will be staying.
hmm
Thinking about getting a couple extra days up there.
Wonder if there is doggy daycare.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This time, we'll be there 17th through 20th only. Usually try for a few extra days but we have a reunion in Denver the following weekend so we'll be heading out on Friday.

Looking forward to seeing folks again. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5184 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
We may arrive a day or two early depending on how good a time we make going east. Tooling Along We have to leave Friday also as we need to be back in Seattle by the 25th. Frowner We're looking forward to finally putting some faces to some of the regular names. Big Grin

Cheers

Mike & Karen

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Arriving on the 17th and departing the 21st. Then up through Montana and over to Washington.

Haven't worked out the route as yet. But it sounds like we'll have some expertise available!

Coach is just about ready to hit the trail.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
We will be there on Tuesday morning and have to depart on Thursday morning. Our 1st Barth rally, so we are newbies. Is there events planned - like potluck, etc for the Barth group. We would like to know that so we can contribute to that. We are really looking forward to meeting other Barth owners. See you all then Ken and Kazy Jorgensen

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good questions! I'm not aware of any schedule yet but we usually have wine/snacks one of the afternoons. A potluck dinner would be nice, too. cheers
Does any one who is going have any suggestions?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5184 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
I think a potluck on Tuesday night is a great idea. We could coordinate on menus Monday night.

Then what about a nice fireside gathering after dinner and an invitation to a local storyteller to give us some meaningful insights into the area. I'll have a sound system with us. I'd be glad to do a search to see who might be available.

Suggestions?

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Leave it to Lou the find the best local Ice Cream. Thumbs Up

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I should be able to bring some fire wood if we don't get arrested for importing "contraband."

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

Finally brought Tonka out of storage this afternoon. Rained cats and dogs but not a single snowflake.

She fired right up and ran like she really wanted to stretch her legs and hit the highway or at least head home. Even the gen fired up almost instantly. Tooling Along

We're still scheduled for Custer's from the 16th to the 21th but the TF has been hovering around since the end of December and making it look less and less likely that we'll be able to make the Black Hills GTG. The closer we get to June the worse it looks. Frowner

We still have our reservations but unless something changes will probably have to cancel to stay and shepard a long term project through to its conclusion.

I'll know for sure in a week or two if there is any chance or if I'll need to hang around.

Someone should check with Custer's about fires. Last September South Dakota had a state wide ban on campfires and even charcoal grills because of the drought and fires. They only allowed propane grills - which we didn't have.

I'll let you know what happens at work and with our chance of making the GTG. Boy, life can sure get complicated as you approach the pasture gate.

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We're getting close now! Has anyone checked on the sites yet? Doesn't really matter, I guess.

I'm going fishing in Canada from May 30 to June 8. (I'l be busy when I get back.. I haven't finished the fuel injection yet and I have to fix the toilet, too.)

We're leaving on the 15th, looking forward to good times with 86Barth!

Have Barth, will travel.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
The TF finally faced reality, stopped hovering and landed with a dull thud. wack

We had to cancel our reservations at Custer's today or lose the site rental fees in addition to the already lost deposit. Tonka is bummed and a sad looking sight sitting out in the rain in the driveway and those of us who don't burn diesel are plenty gloomy inside as well.

I'll have to keep on cranking for a few more weeks to wrap my project up and then look forward to a break later in the summer.

We were really looking forward to hitting the road, making some new friends and meeting some of Tonka's cousins.

Hope that everyone has good weather, good roads, good vibes and a great time.Tooling Along

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
We've decided to come in the 16th and leave the 22nd. There should be plenty to go see with the ranger roadster.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
If there are any Barthers who had considered attending this GTG but haven't acted yet, there is a site paid for from the 17th thru the 22nd that is available for the taking. For that matter, if any of the Barth folks who are already signed up have guests who could use this site, that might work as well. All you (or they) have to do is contact me and then show up! My friend from long ago will not be attending due to a medical issue in his family. He had already made reservations and by now it's too late for him to cancel.

Interested parties can send me a private message and we can work out the details.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
If there is going to be a wine/cheese gathering, we are going to bring a cheese dip, crackers and wine for that. We will also be prepared for a potluck GTG if that is on the agenda. We are really looking forward to meeting everyone. See you all on Tuesday the 18th

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post