Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1991 Barth Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Checking our the data tag project you will see some 3176 Caterpillars and some 3116 with build numbers close to 0151.
Thumbs Up Good catch on the 3176 article Tom. Thumbs Up cheers

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A build date of 10/90 indicates the probability of a "2YG" engine, according to the link to the Caterpillar blog. I would really like to see the receipts for work done on that engine.

Posts: 21 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 12-12-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The vin decoder I found shows V8.

https://www.autozone.com/vin-decoder

Here is what comes up:
We found the following match for the VIN you entered.
1989 Spartan Motorhome 8 Cylinders 10.4 FI Diesel

posted Hide Post
conundrum

Posts: 21 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 12-12-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Snyder:
IIRC, the N/A 3208 was rated at 225 hp, the turbo was 250, and the turbo with aftercooler was 300.

On a Foretravel, of the same era, the 3208 300hp TA was a $10,000 option. It is easily recognizable (at least on a Grand Villa) by the louvered supplemental cooling openings needed in the body.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The motor in the slide show does not have any road grime on it. Could it be a replacement for the 3208 Caterpillar?

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay in getting this to everyone and this was prior to J.Davis post of 8-23-2018

Seth Mizrachi sent me an email stating his dad's Alzheimer came about quickly and medical care is the reason for the sale. Asking 15.

His dad was a master mechanic and was repairing RV's until a little over a year ago. His dad bought this Barth several years ago in Hollywood, Florida. He mechanically checked it over changing all the fluids including the front wheel bearings. The 3208 Cat. runs fine and has taken trips to Alabama and to Key West, everything worked fine on the trips. The generator needs to be serviced and the trailer hitch is bent. The hitch was damaged when a tow truck pulled the Barth out of soft ground on the property.

It is located at 4620 Gail Blvd. Naples, Fl. 34104

The day I went down to see it was a bright, sunny day however by the time I got there I was in a monsoon of a rain storm. When I pulled up into the driveway the rain had just let up and no one was home.
I tried to get a good look at it however the rain was about to let loose again.
The hitch is bent and possibly the bumper, there is new aluminum panel on one of the bays, there appears to be a raise area of paint under the windshield, the front side turn signals look like they were temporarily mounted as they are bolted to an angle bracket and the wire comes out of a broken plastic part.
I tried to get a tire code but was unable too. There is a drivers door however I could not see the left side due to shrubbery. I did noticed the drivers door had what appeared to be a dead bolt from a house door as it protruded
out somewhat. Overall it looks like it need some cosmetics. I apologize for the brief description as I was about to get drenched. The monsoon reappeared and I spent over an hour driving through it to get home.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Jim.
Looking at the picture of the motor above, I am still not convinced it is a 3208 V8 Caterpillar. The bright yellow paint also looks like it is on the belts. Maybe someone painted the motor to clean it up.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
No way that is a V8. It is an inline engine.

Better have some spares, it has 8 belts! Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5196 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I did a vin check and it says 3208. hmm The Data Tag says 3208. hmm Maybe we can figure this out on Wednesday Tursday Friday! java over coffee. Salute

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I am in no way an expert in cat. engines, however I been comparing cat. photos on the internet and have found several 3208 cat. photos that look very similar to the one shown in the post.

Sure wish it would have been a sunny day, I could have taken some pictures.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I just heard from Seth. He states is is a 3208 Turbo. Unit is still for sale.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Got an email from Seth this morning . This coach is still available , he is accepting offers .

We considered it , but are gonna hold out for an 11B Breakaway .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Greetings Seth,
Please contact me regarding the Barth you have advertised for sale. Would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this coach with you.
Please respond to bjt44sc@aol.com

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
You may have to email him .

sethsaahandymansvc@gmail.com

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Report This Post