Barthmobile Portal
1995 34" Monarch

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6441087061/m/2461020102

08-04-2006, 10:10 AM
dv
1995 34" Monarch
It's that time of year and time to sell my cottage. This Barth is a beauty and if ever I was to keep one this would cetainly be it. Unfortuantely the township we are in has decided that they have had enough of me and my "cottages" and are trying their best to shut us down. Actually I think it's a jealous neighbor that has created the problem. Anyway, I will put it out on eBay if knowone here wants it in the next couple of weeks. here are the main features:

34' long, 102" widebody
Engine-300 Cummins
Transmission-6 speed Allison
Only 36,000 miles
Lots of Basement storage with a pass through
Dual thermostat controled vent fans with climate covers
Solar Panel
LP generator
Air brakes and air ride
Electric and gas water heater
Matching Wood Inserts on refrigerator
Basement central air conditioner and heat
50 watt hook up
2000 watt inverter with charger
Front end bra
Awning
Solid wood cabinets
New tires
10 disc Sony cd changer
HWH jacks
Coffee maker, microw wave/Convection oven
2 burner stove
Queen bed
Full bath
Oak and Ceramic flooring in kitchen and bath
Side entrance
Double entrance step
90 galllon fuel tank
60 fresh water
30 gallon black water tank
30 gallon grey water tank
Dining room table with four chairs and 2 leaves

The layout with the full bath is wonderful. It has the appearace of a slide out and makes for a lot of room with double closets in the bath along with a vanity area. The interior has a more contemporaty look than other Barths I've seen which is why there is not the beveled glass in the rear mirror over the bed and the non tuffetted apholstry. The back up camera got water in it and rusted the electronics and I haven't been able to find a like replacement as of yet otherwise the coach is in perfect shape insdie and out. If I put it on eBay I will set my reserve at $60K but am open to offers from anyone visiting this site until then. This really is a beauty. My neighbors have seen me with a lot of Barths and they thought this one was brand new, it looks that good!

08-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Dave Bowers
Doug you buy and sell a coach here every year. I know that you only buy the cream of the crop and it seems like they are always a little better after you have touched them.. I don't know how you do it but here is another jewel for sure... I am guessing a month or less on the Barths For Sale forum..

08-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Gregory
Can you please let me know your asking price for 34' 1995 Monarch?
09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
dv
If you are interested it is now listed on eBay item # 190029110935
09-07-2006, 04:57 PM
Bill N.Y.
The link to the Ebay listing
09-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Danny Z
I am absolutely in love! This is one of the nicest coaches of any kind I have ever seen. Myfirst and only minor concern was the lack of windows through the middle on both sides, but seeing the layout and the overhead lighting through the area showed me that the designer was much brighter than me. I only hope a coach of this caliber is around in another 14 years or so, when I will be in the market for a real semi-full time coach.

79 Barth Classic
09-07-2006, 09:13 PM
devolo
Hey Doug, is that your head in the mirror in the 9th picture? I must say, your marketing strategy is better than the Hoyles. Good luck with it.
09-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Philipp2
I keep thinking that Doug is selling a 1:12 scale model of a Monarch. (34") - finally! One that I can afford !! Just kidding of course. This has to be one of the nicest coaches that have shown up here in a while. Question - What is different in the Monarch from a Breakaway? I see that there is more basement storage and some subtle trim differences, but there has to be something else to increase the value over a Breakaway.
I knew that I should have started saving my nickles & dimes earlier!
09-08-2006, 03:30 PM
dv
Thanks for putting the link in Bill, When I listed it it wasn't available as eBay takes a while to get things up. That is my head in picture #9 proof that I have one! (There is obviously a big difference between " and 'in spite of the little variance so maybe it's the same with the Barth Models?) As far as the diffences between the Breakaway's I've had and the Monarch, well one starts with "B" and the other "M", 19" wheels vs 22.5" I don't know if any Breakaways were wide body but the ones I've had weren't, the bigger engine, the Breakaways I've had were the 190 but possibly they could have the larger engines as well (tires too for that matter) obviously I'm not the expert. This Monarch is the only one I've had so I don't know if they all had ducted A/C but that is really a nice option. I can tell you this, I haven't seen another Barth with this layout and I sure don't know why. Quite honestly I would really like to keep it because I doubt I'll ever have a chance to get another one as nice with the exteremely low miles and great condition but I just can't justify having such an expensive lawn ornament beautiful as it is since we just don't do any traveling with our work schedules the way they are. So lets hear form the real experts on the differences.
09-12-2006, 09:08 AM
Barth_user1
Back in May of 2006 this coach had an e-bay buy-it-now price of 50K. Have there been any updates or mods to increase its value to the current 60K reserve? Has it traveled at all since last purchase?
09-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Barth_user1:
Back in May of 2006 this coach had an e-bay buy-it-now price of 50K.
Wow, your right. I didn't know that. Here's the link for anyone interested.

I'm sure he'll get more for the coach then the buy it now of 50k from May. It's up to $49,200 now and there's still a day and a half to go. It really is a beautiful coach in every way. I'm in love with that floor plan.

Bill N.Y.
09-12-2006, 08:25 PM
devolo
I have a feeling Doug paid less than the reserve amount too. You can't blame a guy for trying to make a profit - it's the american way.
09-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by devolo:
I have a feeling Doug paid less than the reserve amount too. You can't blame a guy for trying to make a profit - it's the american way.
Nope, I wouldn't blame him, I would applaud him. The question "Have there been any updates or mods to increase its value to the current 60K reserve?" is still valid if there were modifications. If not, then he made out great for buying a coach in the beginning of the peak season and selling it for more just before winterizing it. Wink

This reminds me of what Olroy has said on many occasions "I'll repeat what I've said a dozen times before: No RV is an investment, it is a toy. What you pay depends on how badly you want to play.

I think we can all take a lesson on how tell sell a coach from Doug. Look at the two listings and take notes. He has marketed this very well.

Good luck Doug!

Bill N.Y.
09-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Danny Z
At nearly 52 grand with a day to go I think we can consider this beauty sold. I'll open the guessing with $61450.

79 Barth Classic
09-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Dave Bowers
Well, I'll say $58K is where it will stop