Barthmobile Portal
Denver and beyond...

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6341087061/m/7033958477

10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Lee
Denver and beyond...
quote:
Acetone also works very well for water treatment.

Typical dosage?.......
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
bill h
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
I think the filter has a valve in the inlet to create back pressure (reduce vapor lock?)

The filter creates no back pressure at normal flow. If it clogs, it is spring-loaded to bypass, assuring fuel to the float bowl, however much havoc that wreaks.

I would rather have the filter clog and the engine show symptoms than all the trouble a bypassing filter gave me on the first leg of a trip. The crud from the fuel system (loosened up by RedLine cleaner) clogged the filter, causing it to bypass and allow crud to hold the needle open, causing massive flooding, causing fuel to go into the charcoal emissions canister, causing fuel laden with black carbon chunks to travel back through the vapor return and fill the float bowl. Roadside Q jet disassembly/assembly is never any fun.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered
10-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Rusty
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
Acetone also works very well for water treatment.

Typical dosage?.......

4-16 oz. for a full tank. Generally there's not much water (from condensation), but getting fuel from a contaminated tank can put a lot in. It's really a judgement call.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields