Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Homestead Race
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted
Any one going to Homestead for the races in November?

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No, but if you're coming down I-75, you'll be about 20 miles from my house...and there's a decent RV park at Exit 399.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
399 is also the northbound exit for O Leno state Park, the southbound is about 414 as I remember. No plans for Homestead yet but somehow I always wind up there. If you're going to the RV Parking stay on the Turnpike extention to the Palm Ave. exit. Don't take exit 9 or 6. Palm Ave. takes you right into the RV lot. Or if you take Krome Ave., same thing. Don't turn left until you reach Palm, at the south end of Homestead.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
399 (northbound) and 423 (SR 47) southbound are the O'Leno exits. North O'Leno is off SR/CR 238 west from SR 47; the South entrance is off US 27, north on junction at Fort White. 414 also works southbound, but it's about 15 miles longer (US 41/441 to SR 18, west to Fort White - north on US 27 to South, north on SR 47 to SR/CR 238 west for the North entrance).

O'Leno is where one can raft the Ichetucknee.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I brought the bus down 3 weeks ago and have it at Meadowlark Campground near Labelle for the winter.

Nice spot, nice people and very reasonable.

I booked a spot at the Larry & Penny Thompson Park for the weekend which is about 15 minutes from the track. $25. per day with full hook-ups. Since we got the tickets late everywhere I called closer to the track was full for that weekend.

We have our spot again this year in the spring for DEGA.

Hope to meet up with some of you at the Barth get-to-gether in Dec.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ed,

If you're going to bring your Barth, reservations are a must. See the GTG thread for info.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Rusty

I reserved spot 36 for the GTG.

ED.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Is the race campground north or south of the track,[or east-west]. If it's 15 minutes from the track on race day it must be in the infield! Big Grin Traffic has greatly improved over 5 years ago, but it's still a nightmare. Have fun and take some pix for us to see at the GTG.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post