Barthmobile Portal
On the Road Again...!

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6341087061/m/5801056981

06-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Rusty
On the Road Again...!
Due to a death in the family, StaRV II, Maggie, Casey, and I are on the road to NW MO tomorrow - Wave if you see us... Smiler

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
06-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Bill N.Y.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family. Hope your trip is uneventful. Take care Rusty.

Bill N.Y.
06-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Dave Bowers
God Bless and Pleasant Journeys,

06-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Rusty
Thanks for the kind comments (I'm still in MO); the death was that of my stepfather, nearly 90, and until a month ago in very good physical health (although his mental faculties had all but failed a year ago). A WWII vet, he was interred 6/15 at Ft. Leavenworth with full military honors (including my strapping on my sailor suit).

So it's hard to have regrets for someone who had a full, long, life and expired without pain or suffering.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
06-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
...including my strapping on my sailor suit...
Wow, what a beautiful thought.

Bill N.Y.
06-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Dave Bowers
Thanks God for our fathers who went off to save the world. My dad (a WWII Marine) would be 96 this year. I am thankful you had your Dad that long.

06-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Rusty
Once again I and the Dynamic Duo (Maggie and Casey) hit the road 7/18 for my sister's in NW MO, thence to the Nebraska Star Party, then return for a week at my sister's (wrapping up Dad's things, mostly selling the Stuff in the Basement). Outbound, I hope to swing by Cookeville, TN to look around and maybe meet carlflack.

(BTW, I guess I'm getting my money's worth from StaRV II - I've already put 4,500 miles on her since getting in January this year. Yearend will probably total around 10,500.)

If you see us, wave.

"I knowed it wuz you when you driv by, cuz you retch out and wove at me!"

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke