'93 30' Breakaway on ebay
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
This may be sold to vince900ss

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Did vince900ss buy this unit? As this unit is very simialr to mine, I am very interested in if he or anybody else can tell me what the illuminated switch just below the radio is for. I have not been able to figure mine out yet, though I have not tried too hard to find out. What ever it is for has not been something I need to use the coach so far. I know the switch next to it is to start the generator.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did buy that 30.5 Breakaway...and am still in the process of figuring all of the switches and the rest out! Needless to say, I have a fairly long list of deferred maintenance and minor (I hope) repair items.
Mine is labeled "fuel pump", which I assume is for the generator. To be honest, I haven't run the generator yet since buying it (seller ran it at that time), as I want to change the oil and do the maintenance on it first. But it is the fuel pump switch unless it is mislabeled on mine. Hope that helps.

Vince & Michelle
1993 Front entry Breakaway 30.5
Cummings 5.9 190 HP with Banks upgrade to 210 HP, Allison 4 speed
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
hey Bruce, on mine i think it's storage compartment light's allowing me to turn on the master switch. There are still individual switchs on the lights them selves.
scotty

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I saw Vince's 30' Breakaway today - very nice, with quite a few extra touches (Banks to 230HP, Alcoa wheels, new reefer, etc.)

And it was a pleasure to have met Vince!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Rusty for stopping by today to see our new Breakaway!! Great to meet him, and to begin the process of getting to know as many of the Barth folks as we can. I really appreciate his help with sorting a few things out, and with helping me to begin down the path of Barth ownership. We're very happy with the coach, and are looking forward to our first trip with it in early August. Now, I have some work to do....!

Vince & Michelle
Spartan Chassis

Posts: 78 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Member Since: 06-04-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Vince,
Congrats on your purchase. Your coach is very similar to mine, though as you have read, it seems that no two are really exactly alike. Especially if the coach was ordered and not a production unit, as some Breakaways were. If you have any questions, drop me a PM. I cannot guarantee that I have an answer, as there is still items I am trying to figure out after owning ours for 4 years....like that switch on the radio dash. I know mine is not a fuel pump switch, as my gen is propane. I'll have to check if it does the compartment lights as Scott suggested. Though, on my front dash there is a switch that operates all the compartment lights.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Hi Bruce,
Thanks very much. Nice to know our Barth's are so similar. I appreciate the assistance offer very much. I'm sure it will be a while before I figure it all out as well! I have sorted out the switch you asked about though...at least on my unit. On mine, it is used to turn on a fuel pump which transfers diesel from a 30 gal aux tank the original owner had installed into the main tank for use. So my guess is that this switch was either there and unused when they added this extra tank, or perhaps more likely it was there and used for something else at the time. I too have a propane generator, and as you said, that switch is next to the generator on/off switch.
That leads me to ask you where the switch is to turn off the electric steps...for times when you don't want them to close each time the door is used. I haven't found that switch as yet. Lastly, where in NJ are you? I grew up in West Milford in Northern NJ.

Vince & Michelle
Spartan Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
On ours the step switch is the rear most switch of a bank of four just inside the door on the curb side. Good luck with your Breakaway.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vince900ss
posted Hide Post
Gary,
You are right...that's it. Couldn't figure what that switch was for, then forgot about it when looking at the steps.
Thanks very much.

Vince & Michelle
Spartan Chassis

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
On my Breakaway, the leftmost switch is for the front overhead lights. Next is the grab handle light. Then the setep lights, then the step itself.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke