Tools
Reply To This Topic

1990 34' Regency $75,000
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
From June FMCA mag:

Class A, no slides, side aisle, large lavatory, QIB, Cat 300, Diesel pusher, all metal chassis, many upgrades, includes Twin Lakes Western Horizons membership thru Nov 2010.

262 544 4395 Waukesha, WI

VIN 41725

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
I guess there is nothing wrong with starting out with pricing WAY on the optomistic side!

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess there is nothing wrong with starting out with pricing WAY on the optomistic side!

Right!

Unless you're actually serious about selling!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
I hope it sells for that much, I would then put my unit on the market post haste.....

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/14
Picture of Jerry Jelsing
posted Hide Post
This is the coach that Nick Cagle found in January, and had a post on then. It was listed then as a 1999. I called out of curiosity and they then said they would be putting it back in the magazine with the correct year. Looks like it took them a few months.

Posts: 88 | Location: Green Valley AZ | Member Since: 10-31-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I was a member of FMCA ten years, or so, in the '80s & '90s. I watched their ads as I did RV Trader, & some other sources, and developed a sense that nearly all the ads in the FMCA mag were listed with an overweening sense of optimism with regard to their prices.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:
I... developed a sense that nearly all the ads in the FMCA mag were listed with an overweening sense of optimism with regard to their prices.

I would have characterized it as an overweening sense of entitlement. They all huffed and puffed and harrumphed at any offer less than the full listed price.

With free air travel, it was no big deal to go look at a Barth on my days off, so I looked at a lot. I had much better luck with RV Trader, and ultimately bought my Barth there.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they would take a check for their price minus my paper losses in the stock market in the last month?
They might have to pay soon.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Perhaps they are trying to recoup their losses in the market.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Still there.

Still $75,000.

Picture of birddog
posted Hide Post
Make mine look like a deal. But for sake of argument, Shouldn't we as Barth owners set a higher price on our rigs, making them more valuable and collectible? I say this as a seller and not a buyer but I plan to buy another one after mine sells.
Just like to get other opinions. Is there a place that sets a price for Barths? Like a Kelly's blue book? Is mine to high? It's listed on this site in Barths for sale - '85 Regal in Arizona.
Rick

Posts: 29 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Member Since: 03-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
The unfortunate reality is that few sellers set a realistic price. But, the asking price is what is available to the public.

The real information is a secret. The actual selling price is seldom truthfully shared with anyone. I am not sure why, but can speculate that the seller feels diminished by a low selling price and many sellers are a little chagrined, afraid they might have paid too much. Or would like to brag about the good deal they got, even if it involves a little exaggerating.

So, the sellers' asking prices are seldom useful, and the actual purchase price is unknowable.

Now, in real estate, the asking and selling prices are both available and honestly disclosed. I am currently looking at AZ property, and the disparity in asking prices is absolutely laughable. Even greater than Barths. However, actual selling prices are much closer together.

When I was actively shopping for a Barth, there were several coaches that were overpriced, but I gave them an offer with my phone and e mail. A number of them accepted my offer, but only after reality had set in, and I had already bought my Barth. Quite honestly, I might have been happier with some of the other coaches, but they waited too long to get real.

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
When I put something up for sale I price it cheap. I recently sold an F-150 and a Dodge Ram 1500 Van. I sold both of them to people I knew because I had them priced cheap. On the other hand - I'm a SOB when I buy something. I am not bashful to haggle. In fact I have learned to enjoy it. Big Grin

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post