1988 28' near seattle
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/rvs/1314938119.html

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Wow, that looks to be a great deal. Wrong coast for me.
Neil.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HI NEIL,SEEMS AWFUL CHEAP FOR EVEN A 88 BARTH..WOULD YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE A UNIT ONE WOULD TAKE ON THE ROAD ON A 2000 MILE TRIP???AS I LIVE IN CENTRAL WIS????TRIED EMAILING HIM, NO LUCKWITHOUT A ACCOUNT ....BERNIE

Posts: 37 | Location: New Holstein,wis | Member Since: 02-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
This fellow might actually have a realistic appreciation for the state of today's RV market.

As to taking it on a 2000 mile trip, there is some risk to any long trips in a coach this old unless you have taken the time to deal with hoses, belts, tires, tuneups, etc., & are sure that everything is up to snuff.

He says it "needs vary little." You or I may think differently. The only real way to answer your question is to fly out there & check it out yourself, figuring that if you decide to buy, you're going to have to pop for those things I mentioned before you can be reasonably sure of a safe trip home.

Several of us have invested in such trips to find that the unit wasn't what we really wanted.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I WILL CONTACT HIM BY PHONE AND SEE WHAT HE HAS TO SAY...THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE THO, IS SURE HELPFUL AS I DID NOT THINK OF THOSE ITEMS SOME ONE SENT ME A EMAIL SAYING BRAKES IS MAJOR ISSUE WHEN PURCHASING A MOTOR HOME ON THE WEST COAST.I HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS I NEED ANSWERED BEFOR I ATTEMPT TO BUY IT.THANKS A LOT OLROY FOR YOUR INPUT....BERNIE

Posts: 37 | Location: New Holstein,wis | Member Since: 02-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi,rusty i have made several attempts to contact this person; to no avail! i would like to see more interior pictures,and i have several questions to ask.do you have any ideas i might try that would work???bernie

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
When a lister only provides the Craigslist PM address, there's little that can be done if there's no reponse.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:
This fellow might actually have a realistic appreciation for the state of today's RV market.

I'd say he is serious about selling it.

quote:
The only real way to answer your question is to fly out there & check it out yourself, figuring that if you decide to buy, you're going to have to pop for those things I mentioned before you can be reasonably sure of a safe trip home.

Several of us have invested in such trips to find that the unit wasn't what we really wanted.

Yeah, but it could be time and money well spent. I did a lot of travelling and coming home empty-handed before finally buying. Even though I bought two counties away, and did all the stuff, I had trouble getting home. Stuff happens.

With dual A/C, central vac, ice maker, blender, tv, microwave, and back up camera, that is pretty loaded for a 28 ft gasser. Might have some nice upgrades inside, as well.

Looks like a rear bath with a walk-through twin bedroom.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I would like to see more pictures of the interior. Looking at the street side behind the driver is a couch that is probably 6 feet. Behind the couch is a dining booth that must take up another 6 feet. Behind the dining booth looks like some type of desk. I don't think it is kitchen cabinets because of the height ( they don't look high enough, same height as arm of couch). Behind the cabinets is a wall with a door. I don't see how there could possibly be a bathroom and beds beyond that wall on a coach that is 28 feet long.

Is that 2 storage pods mounted between the a/c's?

Your thoughts? Confused

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The arrangement is similiar to mine, but with the center entry where my shower is, I'd say space is tight. It looks like there's another couch behind the door, leaving room only for a rear bath. So it probably doesn't have a bedroom.

Those look like the same storage pods I had on my SOB.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
on the street side coming forward from the bulkhead is the range and then the sink with cutting board covers over the bowls the the back of the bench ................the way it looks to me

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
on the street side coming forward from the bulkhead is the range and then the sink with cutting board covers over the bowls the the back of the bench ................the way it looks to me

Why do you think the cabinets look so low compared to the back of the booth?

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Probably the microwave - it hangs down farther than the cabinets on mine, too.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Ted in Seattle
posted Hide Post
it's as great as it looks, My brother and I bought it. more info to follow all the books and invoice are there.

Posts: 5 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Member Since: 08-30-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Are you actually in Seattle itself? We used to tell people we were from Seattle because years ago nobody had ever heard of our hometown unless they were real familiar with the area. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post