Make: Barth Industries Inc
Model: 1990barth28s44
Vin: 156ED1327J1060522

MILEAGE: 3271

GSA Auctions

Type in Barth - upper right hand corner

You better be a US Citizen
quote:
NON-US CITIZENS WILL NOT BE AUTHORIZED ON NASA LANGLEY RESEARCH CENTER TO INSPECT OR PICKUP SURPLUS PERSONAL PROPERTY.
BTW: 156ED1327J1060522 is NOT A GOOD VIN#!

I think it might be on a Gillig Chassis... If it is, it translates into a 1988 Gillig Chassis with a Ford 460. This is based on changing the 3rd digit into a G instead of the 6 that's there now. Let's face it, a G could look like a 6. (they do work for the Gov. you know Big Grin )

The 28s44 sounds like a 28' unit to me, so it is plausible.

Far be it from me to be skeptical, but changing one more digit will give you an 8.2L Detroit or a 3208 Cat. Sounds like someone might be playing with some numbers... Nah, couldn't happen Roll Eyes
quote:
Nasa Langley Research Center
Mail Stop 381
4 South Marvin Street
Hampton, VA 23681-0001
Phone: 757-864-8307
Fax: 757-864-3388

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
3271 miles ?? confusion 'Course, as Bill mentioned, in government parlance that could mean 32,000 miles, 320,000 miles or 3 million miles....
But at $1600 current bid, worst case would be a great parts source for the right person.......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/11
Picture of Scott and Debbie
posted Hide Post
Bill, Thats just around the corner.. I called and asked about viewing the coach but it was yesterday. I Liola was out so I talked to Mike.
Here is the skinny. It was a mobilecomand center,
has no furniture in it (not rv like), it was towed in and isn't running. one of the generators doesn't run, I didn't ask how many it had.
It is a gasser. He said Buy at your own risk.
He also said more pictures have been taken and should be loaded soon.
It closes friday. It is listed on the Gsa auctions web site.
He didn't know much more that that.

Posts: 46 | Location: virginia Beach va | Member Since: 09-25-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
If anyone else calls, try to get the correct VIN# from them.
quote:
He said Buy at your own risk.
They HAVE TO say that anyway.
quote:
it was towed in and isn't running. one of the generators doesn't run,
That wouldn't stop about 50% of us. If anything, that just makes me smile wider. mechanic
quote:
He also said more pictures have been taken and should be loaded soon. It closes friday
Pictures will be up on Saturday then. Big Grin Maybe one of the data tag - That would be nice. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'm going to go one more before the pictures are posted... I'll bet it has a drivers side door. The drivers side mirror appears to be mounted lower and it looks like there is a partition in it like mine had.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Bill, in the pic of the book, in the upper left corner, the word is Gillig, with an Chassis MHF/460, which I think would translate out to Gillig Chassis, Model Motor Home Ford/460. Wounder if this would be a 460 pusher? or puller? sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
(they do work for the Gov. you know )

Or the 6ov....Big Grin

Front grille is sized for a puller. Doubtful it'd be a diesel; the DD/GM 8.2 would have been history by '90. Cat 3208? Not likely in a 28'. Possibly (but most unlikely) a C5.9, as Bluebird made some 28' and 30' pullers with that engine.

I'm joining the 460/7.5L pool...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to go one more before the pictures are posted... I'll bet it has a drivers side door. The drivers side mirror appears to be mounted lower and it looks like there is a partition in it like mine had.

Looks like you called that one Bill. It also has a giant rear door, the closest thing to a slide out on a Barth yet.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Auction ends at 6 tonight and bidding is at $1627. Somebody might steal this thing! It could make a nice toy-hauler with that big door.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I'm going to go one more before the pictures are posted... I'll bet it has a drivers side door.
Apparently it has a passengers door too.

quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
the DD/GM 8.2 would have been history by '90. Cat 3208? Not likely in a 28'. Possibly (but most unlikely) a C5.9, as Bluebird made some 28' and 30' pullers with that engine.
Remember, I think it's on a 1988 - not a 1990 Gillig Chassis. The correct Vin from the 6ov would tell us more. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I think it might be on a Gillig Chassis... If it is, it translates into a 1988 Gillig Chassis with a Ford 460.
But, this pretty much seals the deal...
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Bill, in the pic of the book, in the upper left corner, the word is Gillig, with an Chassis MHF/460, which I think would translate out to Gillig Chassis, Model Motor Home Ford/460.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Auction ends at 6 tonight and bidding is at $1627. Somebody might steal this thing! It could make a nice toy-hauler with that big door.

I would have thought the same Danny, but after our discussion on the weight limits being set so close to the max, I'm not sure that would be feasible without modifications.

We just wrote a contract on the sale of our house in NH (plan is to move the north spot to the Mts of Tenn or thereabouts). Because we need to store our worldly possessions and have no where to keep them, I decided to buy a vehicle that would both store (up to a year or so) and transport. This seemed smart as I could then liquidate the truck after it makes the final haul. I thought about buying something just like this Barth, but I'm sure I would have exceeded the weight capacity dangerously. In the end I found the 1998 F-700 pictured with just 41,000 miles for $7500. Seemed like a steal since these things sell in the $60K range new.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'd say you did real good on that deal Corey. That's about 3 rentals on a simular truck, and you own it. Can't see any sign work photographing through, but if was a Penske or something it would have a lot more miles on it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I'd say you did real good on that deal Corey. That's about 3 rentals on a simular truck, and you own it.
I agree with Danny - what a great deal!!! What's it got in it?
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Can't see any sign work photographing through...
Look closer Danny - RYDER

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I was sent the following images. Much larger than their website.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
An hour and 20 left, but the * means "possible extention"?? 2808 with 12 bidders working this one, or 12 bids at least. Somebody buy this thing!!

79 Barth Classic