Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1993 Barth Breakaway 30.5' in Columbus, OH
 Login now/Join our community

posted
For Sale through a local dealer (www.haydocy.com), but listed here on CL:
http://columbus.craigslist.org/ctd/3387879715.html

I was interested - but too big for the wife's liking. They claim $4K in work done - but it appears mostly small items and lots of billable labor. The dealership took it on trade from an elderly gentleman. Coach needs a good cleaning inside. Some external cosmetics (bubbles in paint on a couple of access doors, small dent/tear in skin on lower LR of coach. All does seem to be in working order except the cruise (diagnosed as bad vacuum transducer if I recall). The nice thing - all manuals/original binder is with the coach.

Posts: 42 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 12-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Rusty, does this look like a Breakaway that has more basement storage than the early models? I know you have one of the first of these. Is this vin number close to yours?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dealer reduced the price to $13,999 - looks like it is sold to a buyer in Virginia for $13K!

I go the wife to reconsider just a bit too late...

Posts: 42 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 12-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new to this site but flying to columbus on saturday to pick up the breakaway...looking forward to the barth..

Posts: 5 | Location: virginia | Member Since: 12-02-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glast:
I am new to this site but flying to columbus on saturday to pick up the breakaway...looking forward to the barth..

WAY TO GO! Smart purchase. A lot like the one I had. Good thing you found the forum.
There are folks here with abundant knowledge and experience from which you can benefit, as I have.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to a group of interesting people who like/own interesting motor coaches! cheers

Looks like you found a very nice coach. Thumbs Up

I'm a GM chassis guy but there are plenty of people with oil burners out there.

WORD OF WARNING: These things are addictive! I've got a bad case, can't stop working on and learning the coach, posting pictures, the GTGs are great fun... mechanic

Good luck with yours!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to connecting with this group. This coach will be making some miles and rocking around the country. Perhaps at a barth meet sometime.. www.gerrylast.com

I wanted a solid coach that could handle some tough road trips. Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow and hit the road right away.

Posts: 5 | Location: virginia | Member Since: 12-02-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glast:
Looking forward to connecting with this group. This coach will be making some miles and rocking around the country. Perhaps at a barth meet sometime.. www.gerrylast.com

I wanted a solid coach that could handle some tough road trips. Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow and hit the road right away.

! Don't be in too much of a rush to hit the road !
Check tire pressure, Fluid levels, compartment doors and awnings secured, windows and roof vents closed, lights working...

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Dittos on the Welcome. Best of luck with your new ride.
Rock on. Thumbs Up Tooling Along

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Made it back to virginia without any problems. ran straight and smooth over the hills . Im feeling like it was a good purchase.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Excellent way to start! Tooling Along

Keep us posted on your travels and projects. Search around this site and you'll find much information and some really interesting people!

Hope to see you at a GTG sometime. Take care

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gerry now has this coach for sale here:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.../rvs/4049640619.html

In speaking to him last night, he has replaced the demand pump, alternator, new flooring and updated the microwave and added a flat screen TV. Seems he is getting some pressure abut storing it at the apartment complex where he works and has decided to offer it up for sale.

CL ad text:
$18,500
Amazing 1993 Barth Breakaway Class A motorhome with 190 Cummins turbo Diesel.. Queen bed, toilet and seperate shower, flat screen tv, pull out sofa, full kitchen with convection microwave. Barths are known for quality the body is all alluminum skin with birdcage aircraft style construction, propane generator....its solid and loaded...these RV's last forever, this New VA inspection, check out the website WWW.Barthmobile.com for more info on these. 703 346 1498 serious inquiries only..no dealers

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Talked to glast today. This is a 4-speed, but runs fine at 65mph. Sounds like a solid Barth

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
glast apparently did sell the coach. The new owner has posted it for sale here:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.../rvs/4496729382.html

His plans have changed (was using it to travel 5 hours and stay while visiting his son who is now moving WAY out of state. Listed as a 33' in the ad, but it is the same 30.5 coach with about 76K miles.