Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

seilling my Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We purchased a 1986 Barth 22". Our intention was to use it for ourselves, however due to family issues we are no longer in a position to travel at this time. We do not consider ourselfs experts and would appreciate any advise you can give us abiout listing our Barth for sale such as what information is important to someone in the market.

You can contact me by phone at 551-587-6115

or email

cbellfour@yahoo.com

Posts: 1 | Location: new jersey | Member Since: 05-24-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums!

The more information you provide, the better. However, the most vital info is a picture of the data tag; actually, the more photos of the coach you can provide, the better. If you aren't comfortable posting and linking pix to the Barthmobile Photobucket site, you can send to Bill N Y or me and one of us will post.

Then, list every detail about the coach you can think of:

1. Details on the drivetrain (engine size, tranny, etc.) including mileage and age of tires.

2. Any deficiencies or problems, and any plusses, i.e. recent brakes, new hoses and belts, etc.

3. Details on appliances, especially any that have been upgraded or replaced.

4. Details on accessories (Does it have a generator? How big?)

5. Fluid capacities - fuel, FW, grey water, black water.

The best place for a "For Sale" posting is the Barth Coaches for Sale thread. You can post there, or here and one of us will move it to that thread.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Also, look under the first listing under Barths for Sale, where it says suggestions and sellers checklist. A very good tutorial for listing here.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3479 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
A floor plan is important, especially in a smaller coach. Hand-drawn is OK.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
We'll put it in sightings until we hear back from him... not enough info to list it in the For Sale Forum. Frowner

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I talked to Chris today and found out he following. The coach is currently located in Woodstock, NY. He has $9,000 in the coach and would like to get his money back.

The coach is listed in our Data Tag information:

http://i687.photobucket.com/al...pload/0726101532.jpg

http://i687.photobucket.com/al...arth_upload/3330.jpg

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post