Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Is This Another Sovereign
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
On the way home from Louisiana I found this Barth at a RV dealer in Alabama.

The 11th and 12th digits are XI, same as BillyT's.

Nice looking coach. I'm guessing 1995 model with the build date of 12/94.

Storage compartment just behind the door is a huge pass thru. Largest I've ever seen on a Barth.

Wide Body. Notice the extra center windshield pane.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Makes one wonder if these "Regencies" are also Sovereigns:

9406 3916 36XI

9406 3917 33XI

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Interesting. What year is it?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Where in 'bama? Price?

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
Interesting. What year is it?

As Nick posted, likely a '95.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dandy RV near Oxford/Auburn; N reports dealer just got it, no price yet.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
some folks will not deal with selling their own rig

And I can understand why. There are some who forget they are buying 20+ year old vehicles, many of which have been 'rid hard and hung up wet'.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Nice Barth.
As for dealers at least no emotional attachment.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more pictures. I found the interior floor plan very unusual. The door is moved forward several feet. A dining table is just behind the copilots seat and there is not enough room for a second chair at the other side of the table. I suppose you could use a folding chair at the end of the table.

There are two couches. One street side behind the driver and one curb side between the door and the reefer. It would be possible to remove the rear couch and install a dinette in that area. But no place for a living room chair. Hard to believe you can't find room for a chair in a 34ft coach.

The drive train is Spartan chassis, Cummins 8.3, Allison 6 speed. Generator is diesel. Odometer 70K.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello all any body know what they want for the coach ??..chris

Posts: 27 | Location: royal oak michigan | Member Since: 09-07-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keirn and Carolyn
posted Hide Post
It looks very similar to our Monarch but of course it has upgraded interior and is a couple of months newer. Our 34' has a dinette at the location of the sofa across from the galley. You will love the the Spartan chassis. The 8.3 and Allison 3060 just can't be beat. Ours at 250 Hp is all we need and we pull a car through the Blue Ridge almost every trip. This should make someone a great keeper. I love the drop down table behind the co-pilot. Wish ours had one. We did have a floor filler for the door well. (to keep the previous owners dog from falling into the door well) One could be rigged to support a chair for dinning for 2. All in all this one looks about as good as they get. It's the only MH I've seen that might tempt me since we bought ours about 3 years ago.
Same head, galley and helm as ours. Our bedroom has hanging lockers on each side of the bed above the corner tables. Also we like our basement air since it is much quieter than overhead air conditioning. Also on this one at least one of the overhead florescent light fixtures have lost it's lens and they seem to be unobtainable. There is no problem to put in a larger TV up front. As long as it doesn't overlap the doors on each side. Use a led tv since they have a lot less weight to flop around on rough roads (I-20 in GA).

Posts: 29 | Location: Trent Woods, North Carolina | Member Since: 07-11-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
Interesting. If you moved the door to the front and changed the couch on door side out for a dinette and chair, it would look like the 94 Breakaway XL did inside..

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Just called on this coach. It is at Dandy RV in Anniston, AL and they want $44,950.

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Number is (256) 624-9100. What is so rare about a Soveriegn BARTH?

1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jax:
What is so rare about a Soveriegn BARTH?

billyt53 owns the only Barth known to be a Sovereign.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke