Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Buffalo Bill: OK, I'm new here so here goes.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Buffalo Bill: OK, I'm new here so here goes.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Post moved from the Tutorials Post to a regular General Discussion thread.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

OK, I'm new here so here goes. Was at an sale and bought a Barth camper. Took a lot of doing to figure out what it was. It is titled as a 1964 Airstream, but I know better been around antique campers long enough to know the difference. Anyway the only I.D. on this trailer is a serial number on the tongue,
A9-132-19. Can anyone help me know what yr this is? I do not have it cleaned out yet but when I do I will post pictures. Yes it WILL be for sale later! Thanks in advance!

Posts: 1 | Location: Grandview, IOWA | Member Since: 09-15-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

quote:
Originally posted by Buffalo Bill:
Anyway the only I.D. on this trailer is a serial number on the tongue,
A9-132-19. Can anyone help me know what yr this is?
You will have the oldest documented Barth that we have found. Sept 1963 build - unit #132 - 19' long with the tongue included. Would really like pics for our file on this one please. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Oh Man! We've been dethroned as having the oldest documented Barth trailer! What an awesome find. This also tells us that Barth built about 10 trailers a month between September 1963 and January 1964. Please post pictures, even if it's a mess! Thanks!

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd
posted Hide Post
Absolutely Fantastic. Another Barth 2 wheeler. Pretty soon we will have our own trailer section if this keeps going.

The Barthster as I affectionately call it, is going to get her cabinets done very shortly. Just waiting for the cabinet guy to give me a date. Then, it's full stream ahead to get it finished & use it.

Todd

Posts: 68 | Location: Bay Shore,New York | Member Since: 03-22-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Came across this while surfin' the net......

http://www.trulyvintagetrailer...age/page/4069430.htm

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Got a PM from Buffalo Bill - He figured out how to send me a PM. Big Grin Moving this again to Barth Sightings. If someone can find the Barth Trailer at Ebay - please post a link.
quote:
I can't get photobucket to open! My pictures are on there! I am selling my 1963 single axle Barth. Pictures are on photobucket but can't get them to send to this site. Oh yes selling on ebay. All Barthers need to take a look!

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Those are the original seat cushions. They are the same as the one that was in our '65 when we brought it home.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
From the pictures on ebay I don't think this is useable in it's present state.

This is just my own personal opinion and is probably not worth 2 cents. Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Got another PM from Bill
quote:
A9-132-19. There are NO tags, manufactures numbers, or anything on this camper. Only a stamp on the tongue. A9-132-19. I finally figured out what kind of camper it was by going down a list of all camper manufacturers in North America. No it's not an Air Float, Not an Airstream, not a...and so on 'til finally Yes it is a Barth! Looked on your sight and there it was! Oh Joy! I had a bad motorcycle crash last year and it kind of jumbled up my thinking process sometimes. I have always loved the old campers, as you can tell by the pictures. The Avion is a 1963 16 1/2" truck camper and the Airstream is a 1969 International Grobetrotter. Thanks for this sight and ones like it! We can't let these old tin cans be scrapped, they are TOO COOL!

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I would be alot of work, but at least you'd have something solid when you finished.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Also, the work that it would take to get this back in shape would be alot easier and much less expensive than many Airstream restorations. In my opinion you'd have a better trailer when you finished.

Bill & Sherrie
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
Oh Man! We've been dethroned as having the oldest documented Barth trailer!
You have been dethroned... documentation of the oldest Barth.

quote:
Originally posted by Buffalo Bill:
Anyway the only I.D. on this trailer is a serial number on the tongue, A9-132-19. Can anyone help me know what yr this is?

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Bill NY!
You know, when it comes to authenticating historic collectibles, you can't be too careful.

Is the font of the metal stamp used for the ID code consisent with what Barth used back in '63? You can't be too careful. Do the numbers match? What is known about the provenance of this? Does the x-ray scan show that oxidation consistent with nearly 50 years of aging has shown up in the grooves of the numbering? Now I am not accusing anyone of "counterfeiting" a historic Barth trailer.... But, you can't be too careful about some things!
Big Grin

Is there a certificate of authenticity?

(please, understand that this is my idea of humor!!!!)
Matt

()

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post