Tools
Reply To This Topic

1997 Barth available again
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
To any that were interested, my old Barth appears to be available again at Day's RV in Corbin, KY. An interesting change is the asking price appears to have risen $20K to $60K. Not sure why, but don't much care either. I'm sure they will deal.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Heck, I know why....they were reading Barthmobile.com Big Grin and realized that they were priced way below what they should have been hmm? And now they have built in the room to move on the price with someone's offer.
If that ain't it, it is because they are trying to recoup all the $$$'s the salesman gave you for it in trade!!! confusion
It is still a real fine coach that the dealer should be able to get a good price for and certainly more than the eBay price it showed selling at. Which brings up that eternal eBay question...who was actually bidding on it and why didn't they sell it to the high bidder? I thought, though I may be wrong, that the reserve was met on the auction?

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
An interesting change is the asking price appears to have risen $20K to $60K.
It shows it as "Own it For Only: $40,000"

Below the 3rd picture.

http://www.daysrvsales.com/ind...ngview&listingID=281

However, It does show on its main sales page for 60k

http://www.daysrvsales.com/ind...action=searchresults

3rd one down.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
I guess it wasn't such a "good deal" last time after all. Wink I'm guessing they made a mistake somewhere in the listing the first time.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having done over 1000 EBay sales and purchases, I can tell you with confidence that higher dollar sales are always iffy and about 50/50 to close. I've heard every excuse in the book and I've had to walk away from purchases that were not what I felt were advertised.

My standard for purchasing was simply that it be as advertised. I once traveled 300 miles to buy a rust free truck that actually had a rust hole through the roof!! The rest was bondoed over. I guess to some rust free means you can't see any at a twenty foot glance.

The bottom line is - EBay is not much of a gauge for value on big ticket items.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But in this case, YOU (as the previous owner) are about as convincing of a quality gauge as we could ask for. Smiler You'd know better than anyone if the rig is misrepresented or overpriced in any way (which doesn't seem to be the case).

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scotty,
The coach is very well represented and is a fantastic deal.

I've also made myself available to anyone seriously interested to get the detailed description of anything that is "in need of". That list is not a long one and I know every inch of that coach.

You should trade your Thor in NOW!

posted Hide Post
As much as I would LOVE to own that Monarch, it's just not in the financial cards right now. Priority is to pay off our students loans (wife and I have been out of school 10+ years and still have that monkey on our backs) and even with the next RV upgrade I want to be able to save up and pay cash.