Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    1989 38' Regency in Billings Mt.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1989 38' Regency in Billings Mt.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted
Saw it on a lot alongside the freeway the other day and today stopped in and took a look at it. $24,950 has 43,000 miles on it. Is powered by a 3208 Cat. Pretty clean and all original including paint, was owned by a Dr. from new and stored indoors. Took some pictures but haven't looked at them yet.....will send them in an email to somebody that can post them if anybody is interested. Just as we were leaving an older couple pulled up and started looking at it so it might already be gone.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
sounds like quite a find. Indoor storage makes a world of difference. The coach should be like one five years old.
This must be the Craigs ad for it:
http://billings.craigslist.org/rvd/4587009961.html

1989 BARTH REGENCY 38' MOTOR HOME - A classic class A that must be seen to appreciate all the fine features are included in this unit. Stored indoors and only the second owner who has taken great pride in ownership. Powered by 300 hp cat diesel. Less than 43k and it is in great condition. It's loaded with 2 roof AC units, 4 awnings, 2 large cedar closets. Corian counter-tops, HWH hydraulic leveling system. The price is $24,995 and sold AS IS.
Call really old Bob at 406-670-7733
Big Sky RV.
6708 S. Frontage Rd.
Billings, Mt. 59101
When I zoom in on photos, everything looks GREAT except armrests missing from pilot and copilot seats. The area by the leveling jack controls looks like new. It has optional awning package and docking lamps. I see that the head has different cabinets from the galley. BR has a combination of wood and white laminate. What are the round black things directly below the tail lamps?
I sure like the coach. It is only $21,995 at the dealer's website.
http://www.bigskyrv.com/rv-det...gency/38/N5605A.html
sent them the following inquiry:
The Barth you have for sale is several feet longer, but has far fewer miles than the 1992 Barth DP I had previously. Currently I have an older Pleasure-Way Class B, in which I am cramped for space.
What items/systems of the 1989 Barth need repair/replacement/service? What is the date code of the tires? Are all appliances original? The pilot and copilot seat armrests appear to have broken off. Is that the case? What are the round, black things directly beneath both tail lamps? Please send me a photo of the metal data tag, which is probably hidden by the curtain near the pilot seat.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Mogan David, when my wife gets up i will have her send the pics we took to you. Don't know what the round black things on the back are......don't remember noticing them at the time. I have a picture of the data plate....made sure that that was one of the first things i did. Smiler Looked at a couple of the tires, good tread but might be old, the way they were mounted the tire code must be to the inside. Data Plate says it was made 5/88 but i figured it didn't get titled until 89 which is why they are calling it an 89. Did not look underneath it as my back has been giving me problems lately, but from what i saw of everything else it looks like it is in very nice shape....no corrosion or paint bubbling that i saw. If anybody from this site buys it and mentions my name (Ed Hackenbruch) i might get a free meal out of it! Big Grin We are going to be here for another week or two, (getting our engine rebuilt, $$$$$$$!), so i will keep an eye on it and see if it sells.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Hey Mark,
Sorry I didn’t get back to you this morning, it has been busy around here for the last
couple of weeks!! I hate to be the one to have to tell you this but the 1989 Barth sold
yesterday. I talked to the boss to see if it is a firm deal with the folks that bought it and
it does sound like it is but I will keep your email address and if something falls apart I will
let you know.
Thanks,
Rob Beeman
Big Sky RV, Inc
PO Box 3766
Bozeman, MT 59722

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post