Tools
Reply To This Topic

1997 Regal -25' - $19900 - Cincinnatti
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome aboard. Love the unique color of your new ride. If my Barth had been yellow, I may not have been able to part with it.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Small world isn't it?
We are on our way to WNC. Staying tonight in Georgetown, KY. Tomorrow we will be in Stecoah, NC. Monday we are going to Biltmore. Actually, the main purpose of the trip is Minis On The Dragon. The 97 Barth is impressive. Too bad Barth did not equip
Shorties with a Magic Bed ala Trek.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The Trek Magic Bed was really cool. I know because the 1st motorhome Tere and I bought was a 25' Trek. I absolutely loved the layout, especially the huge rear bath. I would often go to bed before Tere and she would just sit on the couch underneath and read or watch tv. We could never get the thing to handle correctly so we got rid of it. We spent $10000 on suspension upgrades but failed to find the right alignment shop. Had we been on this site, we would have seen the primer on P30 alignment and been able to fix it. OTOH, if we had kept it, we would never found our Barth. So goes life.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a pic of this magic bed, sounds pretty cool, maybe an add on to my bike hauler???

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Congrats!!! Looks like a VERY NICE coach. Here's wishing you many great Barth miles and adventures cheers!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Anyone have a pic of this magic bed, sounds pretty cool, maybe an add on to my bike hauler???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ncqFj_CQ

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I think you chose the right one.
BTW is that mini coopers on the dragon? They will have British Car Days in Townsend TN around,May 15th this year. Might take the "jagwire" for a cruise down there. Just be careful, the dragon can bite back...

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom & Suzie
posted Hide Post
Hey Marvin & Doris,
Good to talk with you all. Sorry we missed you at home in Jamestown...certainly a closer jog over the mountains from WNC. Good luck with the pending sale. Otherwise think your comment of Dec.'10.."think she's a keeper now" indicator of wish to keep the '89 Regal ?! Do like the lay-out & woodwork. Tom & Suzie

Posts: 7 | Location: Asheville, NC. | Member Since: 04-02-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Yes we decided to keep her. We figured due to our busy schedule we were not able to use her enough, but there is always time for a couple nights of camping and it is just too nice of a coach. Happy camping!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
...and it is just too nice of a coach.
I was disappointing when you said you were going to sell it for the same reason - It's Just Too Nice Of A Coach. Smiler

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Well I'm the proud new owner of the 1997 Barth.
I'm new to motor homes and have lots to learn.
She's staying at the sellers in Asheville till August.
Can't wait to get her home to Athens Ga.
Hank

Posts: 85 | Location: Athens ga | Member Since: 07-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Nice coach, must be one of the last gassers they ever built! Thumbs Up

Give some thought to attending Milford III in May. We would sure like to see that beauty. We're hoping to get as many Barths as possible (we have about 30 signed up so far) A great way to show off that nice coach and meet some great folks.

Good luck and smooth roads to you.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Hank. cheers
Are Tom and Suzie getting a bigger unit?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I am the new owner of this 25 ft Barth.
I am excited to have this as my first MH.
I'm taking care of the small items that need updating and looking at this great Bathmobile site for additional info all the time.
As soon as I have the rear leveler repaired and out of the shop I hope to hit the road.
My mechanic was so excited to see a Barth he sent a photo to his mom!
Hank Joiner
Athens Ga.

Posts: 85 | Location: Athens ga | Member Since: 07-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have a place near Crawfordville (actually, nearer Sharon and the old Raytown -15 mi south of Washington), and bring my coach here a couple of times a year, including 9/26-10/8 this year.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post