Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1975 Barth 20 ft. $3500 + Offer
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted
Here is a new listing on craigslist for a 1975 Barth, he says it is 20 ft. and asking for an offer over $3500. I also have had some pictures sent by email if anyone is interested. The header says $5500 but in description, he says to make offer over $3500.

1975 Barth

quote:
I have a 1975 Barth Motor Home.Nice little motor home.Sleeps 2-4 people.The length of this little jewel is 20 feet long.Park it any where that you like.It has a 3 piece bath,vintage dash air that works great.It also has roof air (needs switch) .It has a window air unit (in back) that works great,but may be easely removed once the roof air is repaired..This little jewel also has tilt steering..Nice 2-way refrigerator.Nice stove with oven that looks great.New parque flooring.Trim hasn't been installed around the bottom...The motor home is all aluminum and it sits on a 1 ton Chevy frame.It is powered by a 350 chevy engine with a 400 turbo transmission.This thing has only 42,031 miles on it and it drives perfectly.The engine only has 10,000 miles on it.Heck,the cruze even works.It also has an awning on it,but I don't know the condition of it.It looks good from what I can see.I will be getting some pictures of the inside as soon as I can.This thing gets great gas mileage.Tires have alot of tread but are dry rotted.Still driveable.NO leaks.
.The power step doesn't work,I think it is just a loose wire.The vent cover is broken,but I have a new cover that fits over the whole vent window.The trim that holds the sun visors up fell during the cold spell we have been having.It shouldn't be a big deal to fit.I propped it up for the time being.There is a little damage on the ceiling at the vent,but not to bad that it can't be fixed easely.With these things that have happened to the RV,I am willing to come down some on the the price............Email me and I can send you some pictures of the inside of the RV..........
Put on the header:............1975 BARTH MOTOR HOME or I will not look at your email.Thank you.......I have been getting a lot of spam mail......
You can call me at this number until 9:00 PM at night..
Must Sell This Week....Make me an offer over $ 3500 !!!!!!!!!!
865-687-9339
Thanks for looking at my add.

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
If anyone wants us to go look @ this. Let us know right away. Couple is under major medical issues & needs to sell right away.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
If anyone wants us to go look @ this. Let us know right away. Couple is under major medical issues & needs to sell right away.

Hi,

I'm brand new to this group. Joined to find information on this particular coach and have been won over by the enthusiasm to be found everywhere in this site. Have struck a deal to buy this unit, but have no way to view except through pictures sent. Would it be too much trouble to go take a look at this coach and advise me whether it needs more than new tires and fluid changes before driving it home to New Orleans?
Thanks so much, John, Lori, and the Boys

Posts: 1 | Location: New Orleans | Member Since: 04-01-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I'll call the guy this am and go look at it for you. When I talked to him yesterday, he said it needed 6 new tires because the ones on there are dry rotted. He also said that although the coach has 42000 miles on it, it supposedly has a 'new' crate engine in it that has only 10000 miles. Not sure why the original engine only lasted 32000 miles. What info do you want to know? Owner said it used to have a generator but not anymore, but he had bought one but not installed it. I can almost guarantee that anything made out of rubber would have to be replaced. You can send me a private message and I'll give you my phone # so you can call me.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
"The trim that holds the sun visors up fell during the cold spell we have been having.It shouldn't be a big deal to fit.I propped it up for the time being."

Usually a sign of leaks at front cap/roof/windshield junctions, rotting the wood where visors mount.
Done right, headliner would need removal and wood replaced........

Certainly not a deal-breaker, just a heads-up.....Aluminum surface condition of "A" pillars usually provides a good history of what's been happening in that area.....The steel framing, aluminum skin and trapped moisture make for a good "battery" Frowner

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Here are images I took.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/11
Picture of Manuel B
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a difference in the photos !, I live 4 hours south of this coach, and even though it's smaller than I really wanted I was plannng to go check it out last Sunday, but he didn't reply until midweek, he did send me 25 photos, but there is not a single speck of rust visible in his photos, or any mention at all about rust when we spoke, Thanks for posting the true photos, saved me a trip.

Posts: 67 | Location: Alabama | Member Since: 04-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here are images I took.

Yeeeeee gads! my '77 looked alot better in most respects. I would have accepted 1 grand cash before I tore it apart.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this thing just surfaced again. Just to start with, you would have to tear off all the lower skin and replace all the steel tubing. And for what? Thumbs Down This guy now says his min is $4250.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I just looked at these pictures again & they are a lot better than the real thing. When we looked at it I really wanted to just get out of there.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B