Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Looking at a 1963
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I'm a Shasta gal looking at a 1963 Barth; anything Barth specific I should know about before I go and kick the tires etc.?

Thanks!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Santa Barbara, CA | Member Since: 07-06-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
A Shasta girl eh ?.... I like their root beer...or do you mean southern ca girl ?... Or do you mean you like Shasta RV's ?...there is nothing better built than a Barth... Check it out... Take lots of pictures... ? ( get rusty to help with posting them )..take a picture of the data tag, post it here, and people on this site can decypher it...good luck ... Hope it's nice...

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
A 1963 will be tied for the oldest Barth we know of. The data tag is often on the tongue.

As with any vehicle of that advanced age I would pay particular attention to corrosion of the steel frame. If frame is OK I would look at tires and brakes next. At that point it should be safe to tow.

Appliances, wiring and plumbing will all need to be checked. Good luck with this old Barth!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a Calie nut that currently owns a Shasta trailer.

The '63 Barth may be too big for us; it's a 26', but may be worth checking-out, regardless!

Posts: 2 | Location: Santa Barbara, CA | Member Since: 07-06-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P's B:
I'm a Calie nut that currently owns a Shasta trailer.

The '63 Barth may be too big for us; it's a 26', but may be worth checking-out, regardless!

The Barth (aluminum-framed)trailer in infinitely better quality construction than a stick-n-staple wood-framed wall Shasta.
https://www.google.com/patents/US3282603

http://truckroadservice.com/ba...ts/Barth_Success.pdf

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post