Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Reason for selling... spouse refuses to help me drive!
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Reason for selling... spouse refuses to help me drive!
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
tri-cities, TN craigslist > for sale / wanted > recreational vehicles

Only $439,000 Big Grin
quote:
CLASSIC BARTH REGENCY 34' - $439000 (EAST TENNESSEE)

34' Barth coach for sale...my reason for selling is that the spouse refuses to help me drive! I searched for 2 1/2 years for this classic coach. In 1989 this coach sold for $200k. Mileage:43000 ACTUAL, total hours on CAT 3208T (300HP) is 1200! Gillig chassis w/airbags, Allison 6 speed transmission, completely serviced 3000 miles ago, all new tires,new air (roof) unit last year, has two roof units, basement heat, 7.5K Onan genset with less than 150 hrs. In motion Sat w/ 2 flat screen tvs. Twin beds in back can be converted into queen. Split bath with TUB/shower. Kept in airplane hanger covered. The alumium skin and paint are outstanding. This coach has been pampered all of its life. Please call 423-748-8896 for pictures or to see. All of Barth coaches were custom made...I have the original blueprints!! These motorhomes are referred to as "Baby Prevosts and Baby Newells". Thanks.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Strange reason to sell, but the guy does seem to know his Barths!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
$439,000 puts me out of the bidding,I just got "THE TOY" out of the shop last Tuesday with a $4500.00 bill, so I'll keep my wallet closed for awhile (more on the repairs later).........

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
His fingers got carried away and he later posted a correction to the price ($43900). but he sure got my attention with the first one.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
His fingers got carried away and he later posted a correction to the price ($43900). but he sure got my attention with the first one.
I'm glad to see this because I thought I was going to have to call my brother Danny and see what I was missing. confusion

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
This is a new twist on the "wife says it has to go" theme....which I despise! Do people think it adds value or somehow settles the issue of "why are they getting rid of it"? It all sounds like psychological games to me.

Some other favorites:

Violence "lost storage", saw this on a car recently that went on for two years of "losing storage this month".
Violence "mechanic says it's only the...", why didn't you fix it then!
Violence "simple to repair"...for you maybe!
Violence "last time being advertised"...sure it is!
Violence "will be sent to scrapper if it doesn't sell", Oh My...guess I better buy it then!
Violence "today only at this price", darn, I wanted it for that price in the morning!

and my all time favorite... Violence Violence Violence " will only sell this to someone who will take care of it!" Translated...has cash!!!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I have always enjoyed the over use of the word "rare" when advertising a vehicle. If it's rare, it probably means it was junk to begin with. That's why there aren't any left. I buy stuff because I want it, not because it's rare.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some other favorites
.........won't last long......hell, if it isn't going to last long why should I buy it? I want something that's going to serve me a while.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with Mike Minnich, very nice and pleasant guy. Here are the numbers...
8903-0119-34RDG-A <> 3/9/89 <> Vin#46GED0414K1041615 <> With a rear 19,240 front 10,400 ratings

Jack Knotts from Barth in Milford sold the coach to the original owners who were Henry A Schroeter. It was then sold to a Bill Eaddy who sold it to him. He is looking for a Class-B so the wife could drive it. He is willing to entertain offers that might involve a Class B trade.

Stringmann ... it's got your name all over it.
"...MB diesel MB/Sprinter sob. This has been a wonderful 22mpg vehicle while I shop for our next Barth."

In talking to him I am convinced of his desire to part with it as he stated. The wife just isn't interested in driving it. It appears to be as advertised.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Allison 6 speed in a 1989 coach. Didn't know a sixer was available back then??
My wife is not legal to drive this coach (or ours) because she doesn't have an air brake endorsement on her drivers licence. To get this I had to take a 2 day course with a written and comprehensive practical exam at a truck training centre. It was a very worthwhile experience.
Oh Jerry! What do you think about upgrading to this coach from the Pleasureway?
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife is not legal to drive this coach (or ours) because she doesn't have an air brake endorsement on her drivers licence. To get this I had to take a 2 day course with a written and comprehensive practical exam at a truck training centre. It was a very worthwhile experience.

Wow! I didn't know there was a state that had any requirements for driving a coach. Although I'm not big on Gov't requirements (hey, I live in the "Live Free or Die" state), none-the-less - it has always made me wonder how anyone with a license can just jump in a 45' coach and head down the road. It's even worse with boats and there are no lines to follow there!!

I think driver education endorsements are a good alternative to heavy restrictions. They would also make people realize this is serious stuff, something I'm sure most RV salespeople would not disclose readily.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
my reason for selling is that the spouse refuses to help me drive!

Someday my ad might read "Reason for selling, wife wouldn't stop helping me drive!" Not that she would DO any driving, just lots of help Tooling Along

posted Hide Post
None of the states require special licenses for an rv. Canada is a different story if air brakes are involved. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
None of the states require special licenses for an rv. Canada is a different story if air brakes are involved.

I missed where Don is from! Thanks for that update.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
quote:
my reason for selling is that the spouse refuses to help me drive!

Someday my ad might read "Reason for selling, wife wouldn't stop helping me drive!" Not that she would DO any driving, just lots of help Tooling Along

My wife does all the driving.

I just get to hold the steering wheel.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post