Barthmobile Portal
70's 'conversion' on I 75N Atlanta

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6241087061/m/535109932

02-09-2010, 06:20 AM
stringmann
70's 'conversion' on I 75N Atlanta
At exactly 7pm 8 feb 2010 Monday I drove alongside what I believe was a 70's 30' unpainted commercial unit near the I75/I85 split downtown Atlanta. We were doing the speed limit in traffic so I couldn't get a picture. I believe it would have been commercial because of lack of windows; it had a tag, but an addition was on the back which raised the roofline and had a black back with a window surrounded by a flamey design. It could have been a ramp for a toy hauler, and perhaps the tag was added to support this extra several feet. It was gas and the manifold or muffler was heartily complaining. I believe it had GA plates, and said Walker county, which is NW GA. Anyone we know?
02-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Roman Alexander
Hello Stringmann,
My guess is that this would be a conversion done by Elite Custom Paint and Body out of Lafayette, Georgia. They bought a commercial Barth off of ebay and drove it back from Arizona on 4 cylinders to Georgia where they overhauled it and put in a rear ramp and use it as a transporter and for shows. The geography is right. Perhaps you can call them and confirm the flamey design, maybe get them to submit a pic and a data tag for the site. Their number is 706-639-9493.