Forums    Barth Sightings/Ads    Craigslist: P-30...?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Craigslist: P-30...?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Raven1962
posted
Spotted in Craig's List, waiting a response...

Tool Truck/Parts Truck. Unknown condition or size. Awaiting further contact with owner/seller...

http://images.craigslist.org/0...wiae6IsF_600x450.jpg

(First post, Howdy from Texas!)

Later,
Jeff F.
Cedar Creek, Texas

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Please post link to the ad, not merely the photo.
AND please copy and paste the text of the CL ad.
If you click on the REPLY in the CL ad you may be able to capture the person's name and number. If so, please put that into your B mobile post too.
Thanks

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
I will, as soon as I can determine if we are planning to get the van. Cost is a factor, but, if we can afford it, then it won't matter who sees the whole advertisement. If not, it won't matter, so long as she has a better chance at a good home. Until then, though, I have my one chance... If I wasn't interested, I would not have found this site. Not going to just toss my chance at it to the person that can out-run and out-pay me, simply because I posted the ad. I have already dug deep enough to figure out the person that placed the ad, as well as sending an email. Calling, later this morning...

Later,
Jeff F.
Cedar Creek, TX

Posts: 44 | Location: Luling, Texas | Member Since: 05-24-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
Another shot, taken today.

Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
Says it's about 40 feet long, Aluminum body similar to the mobile dental clinic I saw somewhere online.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Interesting… the glass nose says it is the Euro style circa 80-82 on a GM chassis. The hump in the roof and the front door are typical of the commercial Barth coaches.

If it is actually 40 feet long it will be the longest one we've seen on the GM chassis. Does it have a tag axle? The longest GM I know of without tag axle is 32 feet or so.

There is usually a data plate above and behind the driver. That would give all the info you/we need.

Looks like a real project. Hopefully the inside isn't too bad. Good luck

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5190 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
Hope to check it, in person, soon. Everyone is getting tornadoes and heavy rain, right now, here in central Texas. May have one on the ground, within a few miles, as the crow flies. Let things dry out a tad and we'll see.

Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
The 1989 Coca Cola Euro is the closest body I've found, but the front doors don't seem to appear until a couple of years later.

Not absolutely certain it's a P30, but it corresponds to the time-frame, while many of the commercially produced GM RVs had a similar notch in the roof line.

Rumored to have been some sort of Mobile Command Post, so I'll have to run a title search, for historical purposes. Does have a clear title, though, so should be easy to track.

http://i244.photobucket.com/al...oca-cola-barth-1.jpg

Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
1984-VIN 1GBKP37W7E3316764
Sister to the '89 'Coca Cola' Barth, but has the rectangular front doors (both sides), of the '91. Has the Koehler generator in the back (possibly missing the carburetor)

Was parked in place, a number of years ago and not intended to be sold, but... Getting her for $2k+ labor to empty and relocate the stuff (She IS stuffed chock-full). Title is sitting in my car. Just in from an 18+ hour day. Goodnight.

Later,
Jeff F.
Cedar Creek, TX

Picture of Raven1962
posted Hide Post
quote:
1GBKP37W7E3316764

... also, She has the 2nd axle and is right at 36-38 ft long, including nose and rear bumper. Rear bumper hangs out about a foot and the zig-zag nose is worth about a foot and a half. Did not have a tape measure, but my outstretched arms, fingertip-to-fingertip are right at 6 ft.

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Congradulations on your purchase! Be sure to take lots of pictures as you go along with the project.
Happy Motoring!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 528 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post